Well done Glenafton!

Killiepiyo

49 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Appreciate that mate. We have to pay to play there and make little from the social club so to see a full mini bus just walk right in without paying down the far end grown adults was poor as i said stupid on our part not making sure it was locked but still.

Disgusted to be honest, not becoming of junior fans.  And our fans should know how hard it is to generate the money tae keep teams going.  But as I said not even Glens supporters, hangers on like all clubs get at this stage in a season when battling for trophies!!!!   Great to see strong support out but when they come to a 'meaningless' away trek in deepest winter when club on bad run and do so for season after season they can call themselves true fans.

anyway, our boys have gone out and done what the gaffers have drilled into them in training and delivered week in week out.  Deserve this title, without a doubt.  

So pleased to see Dallas getting 2 beauties today, after a wee spell on sidelines after unfortunate injury.  He's just fired himself into my starting 11 for the final.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cumnock a weird one, a was down for shopping and was at town head too early so went in a side gate an went to hand the 6 quid to the first guy in a cumnock jacket I seen and was told to go out and wait on the gate man 

Aye it is weird there standing about close to kick off waiting on door opening. Hope Cumnock win the West tbh.

Well done glens again ha

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

There isn't a loop hole. It's not happened before.

The gate must have been opened unlocked by someone leaving to retrieve a ball or something down at end glens were warming up and fans just piled in knowing full well it wasn't a proper entrance to the ground. As i said similar thing happened at Cumnock Wednesday and we went back and paid in when someone turned up at gate as a grown adult it's the right thing to do especially when it's junior football club.

Anyway genuinely not trying to detract just an issue that irked me.

Bitterness again from you. You really are a balloon. Best team won the league get over it. 

4 hours ago, rednblack said:

Did you pay in?? Dozens didn't. Thought that was really poor they all knew what they were doing and sneaked round the back of the shed to head to social club.

Left a bad taste as juniors clubs and fans are usually a honest lot and will pay there way as they know it's hard to keep a club going never mind a homeless one.

At Cumnock on Wednesday night there gate was open before the money man came to take money. About ten of us got in walked for nothing yet when money man appeared went over to pay our way.

Nothing to do with football just loaves a poor taste as its taking liberties.

On topic well done Glenafton no real complaints didn't take the chances we made and we had a few.

Would also like to say your club would have made a fortune with the amount of beer that was being sold not like that gives an excuse not to pay in however. The home support was pish poor and before you say it is because you are a small club etc we've all heard it before. Sounds very much like bitter grapes. Congrats on a good season. Yous have a few good players who would get in most junior teams. Cheers 

4 hours ago, rednblack said:

Did you pay in?? Dozens didn't. Thought that was really poor they all knew what they were doing and sneaked round the back of the shed to head to social club.

Left a bad taste as juniors clubs and fans are usually a honest lot and will pay there way as they know it's hard to keep a club going never mind a homeless one.

At Cumnock on Wednesday night there gate was open before the money man came to take money. About ten of us got in walked for nothing yet when money man appeared went over to pay our way.

Nothing to do with football just loaves a poor taste as its taking liberties.

On topic well done Glenafton no real complaints didn't take the chances we made and we had a few.

If you pm me I'll show you you how to sneak into the glens park next week for free ................. ya clown

As the KRR guys have said, someone opened one of the turnstile gates to let someone in and then forgot to put the bolt back across.
As the guys have said, all of the guys who walked in, came back and handed over their money when the guys who were manning the gate came over a couple of minutes later
Being a cup tie, I believe the gate is split so by not paying they would have been denying their own team 50% of the money.
As the various Glens posters have said, the ones responsible are the ones who have the scarves that smell of mothballs and only turn out at the "business end " of the season

Well done Glens

Well done KRR fans for Wednesday night

Bitterness again from you. You really are a balloon. Best team won the league get over it. 

What are you all about. I have congratulated Glenafton on winning the league on here numerous times and said numerous times they have been the best team. I congratulated some of there fans yesterday.

I bring up a non football matter about folk taking liberties and I'm bitter. Aye right you are. So many trolls on this site now it's unreal.

Would also like to say your club would have made a fortune with the amount of beer that was being sold not like that gives an excuse not to pay in however. The home support was pish poor and before you say it is because you are a small club etc we've all heard it before. Sounds very much like bitter grapes. Congrats on a good season. Yous have a few good players who would get in most junior teams. Cheers 

We make very little , Cumbernauld get most of it as its there social club and as part of the deal we get very little of the money from it added to fact we need to pay a fair bit to play there. If your a glens fan your a disgrace trying to justify it. As for our support it is what it is playing away at Cumbernauld. Our away support has actually been better and we run a supporters bus to every game and take a good support to many games a season just don't have many hangers on like Glenafton obviously do .We have played glens what half a dozen times or more over the last few years when they have been down the other end of the table and the support as been the same as many junior clubs nowadays the hardcore . Actually when we played you last time at loch park when you were struggling a bit we had as many fans in the stand and around it is the home support at the time nobody from our side commented on the lack of glens home support for a opening game of the season so don't come on here and slag off a clubs support especially a homeless one.  

Again this is not a football matter if i see something that annoys me and i want to defend my club over comments made about them i will champions thread or not.

Glens are worthy champions and in the main a good club and now a club for my own to look up to to see what can be achieved outside the 'big' two or three.

'bitter' is the last thing i am after our own brilliant season against the odds.

42 minutes ago, rednblack said:

We make very little , Cumbernauld get most of it as its there social club and as part of the deal we get very little of the money from it added to fact we need to pay a fair bit to play there. If your a glens fan your a disgrace trying to justify it. As for our support it is what it is playing away at Cumbernauld. Our away support has actually been better and we run a supporters bus to every game and take a good support to many games a season just don't have many hangers on like Glenafton obviously do .We have played glens what half a dozen times or more over the last few years when they have been down the other end of the table and the support as been the same as many junior clubs nowadays the hardcore . Actually when we played you last time at loch park when you were struggling a bit we had as many fans in the stand and around it is the home support at the time nobody from our side commented on the lack of glens home support for a opening game of the season so don't come on here and slag off a clubs support especially a homeless one.  

Again this is not a football matter if i see something that annoys me and i want to defend my club over comments made about them i will champions thread or not.

Glens are worthy champions and in the main a good club and now a club for my own to look up to to see what can be achieved outside the 'big' two or three.

'bitter' is the last thing i am after our own brilliant season against the odds.

"not like that gives an excuse not to pay in however". Does that look like i'm trying to justify it. It has already been established that the fans that didn't pay infact did come back a few minutes later to pay. Bad mouthing people without knowing the facts. Is that not worthy of an apology? I've already congratulated you on your clubs good season. I think any junior fan will know for a relatively small club like yourselfs yous have done very well to come close to winning the league hence why i congratulated you on it

Congratulations to the Glens on winning the league and to all the Glens fans who were and still are good friends. A lot of people have stated that they are the most consistent team this season but I know the real reason why they won the league. The West of Scotland Premier league has been going for around 16 years and for 15 of them I stayed in New Cumnock. During that time the Glens never looked like winning the league but when I move out the town they are now champions. It is now my duty to move back to New Cumnock and after posting this I will be straight onto RightMove. If any Glens fans know of an empty up the Coupla then give me a bell.

"not like that gives an excuse not to pay in however". Does that look like i'm trying to justify it. It has already been established that the fans that didn't pay infact did come back a few minutes later to pay. Bad mouthing people without knowing the facts. Is that not worthy of an apology? I've already congratulated you on your clubs good season. I think any junior fan will know for a relatively small club like yourselfs yous have done very well to come close to winning the league hence why i congratulated you on it

The Cumnock fan bul is talking about our fans the other night not yesterday.

Can you read ffs.

13 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

Tough paper round ? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

It was a milk round my friend. £3.50 for six mornings with a fish supper at Rutherfords in Netherthird on a Friday and a burger at the Coffee Mill on a Saturday flung in. Happy days!

58 minutes ago, rednblack said:

The Cumnock fan bul is talking about our fans the other night not yesterday.

Can you read ffs.

Misunderstood that apologies. Poor show from the people who never paid to get in. Back to what this thread is about. Well done the Glens. Personally feel winning this league is a bigger achievement that winning the Scottish due to every game being a hard one.

29 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

It was a milk round my friend. £3.50 for six mornings with a fish supper at Rutherfords in Netherthird on a Friday and a burger at the Coffee Mill on a Saturday flung in. Happy days!

Off topic I know.We worked 7 days for £4 (slacker).Single fish at netherthird on a friday because we got 2 and a half fish and couldn't eat all the chips.Cakes at stoddarts on a Saturday,it was our last stop.Cumnock tart anyone.:)

Archived