Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Young Loons 4 - 2 Berwick R

Good game again, plenty of passing and running off the ball. Kennedy captain and goals from ....

Ben Starkey - 2

Matty Aitken - 1

Michael Kennedy - 1

Starky and Matt to start on Saturday......i see no reason not to try it!! 

Took the foot off the gas at 4-1 but some quality goals again, considering at the start of the season we basically started from scratch, we have built up a decent looking squad now.

12 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Ffs, calm down :lol:

Starkey was very impressive tonight, but Jesus, it was his first real impressive display. It's a massive step up to first team. No where near ready for that. 

30 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Ffs, calm down :lol:

Starkey was very impressive tonight, but Jesus, it was his first real impressive display. It's a massive step up to first team. No where near ready for that. 

Have you been watching Josh-Ouzy-Coxy of late.....another thumping is on the cards this week,  give Starkey a run at least he will bust a gut and cause defenders to think for a change!

3 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Have you been watching Josh-Ouzy-Coxy of late.....another thumping is on the cards this week,  give Starkey a run at least he will bust a gut and cause defenders to think for a change!

I have. 1 good performance against Berwick Rangers U20's though, is a bit of a difference from playing against the current league leaders, full time side, Raith Rovers. 

Keep it up and yes he'll be worth a shout. 

Just now, Wet Wullie said:

I have. 1 good performance against Berwick Rangers U20's though, is a bit of a difference from playing against the current league leaders, full time side, Raith Rovers. 

Keep it up and yes he'll be worth a shout. 

Not one of our current strikers has that bit of trickery and pace that he has, yes he is raw but this game is a dead rubber and would be a great experience for him...you need to drop the Bollan way of thinking.  ;)

Just now, tbsouth said:

Not one of our current strikers has that bit of trickery and pace that he has, yes he is raw but this game is a dead rubber and would be a great experience for him...you need to drop the Bollan way of thinking.  ;)

Haha, I'm nothing like Bollan thank feck! I love watching the youths and am always in their corner regarding getting a chance. . . . But Ben Starkey has had 1 good performance in the 9/10 games I've seen him play in. He definitely has potential though.

Matthew Aitken deserves a good run of games as first choice striker  imo. 

1 minute ago, Wet Wullie said:

Haha, I'm nothing like Bollan thank feck! I love watching the youths and am always in their corner regarding getting a chance. . . . But Ben Starkey has had 1 good performance in the 9/10 games I've seen him play in. He definitely has potential though.

Matthew Aitken deserves a good run of games as first choice striker  imo. 

He was played in his proper position tonight though, been wasted out wide and is a better prospect than Joe up front.

We all know Matty and Michael will be on the bench come Saturday....probably go one up front again....this time Josh...another pointless Saturday looming.

3 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

He was played in his proper position tonight though, been wasted out wide and is a better prospect than Joe up front.

We all know Matty and Michael will be on the bench come Saturday....probably go one up front again....this time Josh...another pointless Saturday looming.

Kennedy is another one who can feel hard done by. Quigley isn't anywhere near the player that he is. Baffling. 

1 minute ago, Wet Wullie said:

Kennedy is another one who can feel hard done by. Quigley isn't anywhere near the player that he is. Baffling. 

Bollan has set the club back a few years if you ask me, we are in a worse position right now than we ever were during Dicks time at the club. All the best Jim.

Just now, tbsouth said:

Bollan has set the club back a few years if you ask me, we are in a worse position right now than we ever were during Dicks time at the club. All the best Jim.

Weir has a massive job on his hands but I'm sure he knows that. I think relegation will be accepted by the board, and I'm pretty sure they'll be expecting it. It's not necessarily a bad thing though. Being a strong League 2 side is a million times better than being the whipping boys of League 1.

Youth is the way forward. 

Being completely undergunned would be one reason.
It's a huge step up going into the big team, Matty has still to prove he's worthy of a starting berth let alone bringing in a complete newby too.

Bollan basically never played him; he featured early season, 5 games played 4 of them in the cups at the start of the season. Rumour had it he requested getting released because of Bollan.
Eventually getting game time under Weir played both games so far. Talented laddy.

Cheers

Would have him back to us in a heart beat

12 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Being completely undergunned would be one reason.
It's a huge step up going into the big team, Matty has still to prove he's worthy of a starting berth let alone bringing in a complete newby too.

Did neither impress you last night? Thankfully in your book our forwards have never been 'undergunned' this season?

Did neither impress you last night? Thankfully in your book our forwards have never been 'undergunned' this season?

Our forwards have been completely starved of service and backup this season by an underperforming midfield and stretched defence. Throwing on youngsters up front will not change that either.

Cox barely touched the ball last week until he dropped into midfield. Not someone who is undergunned or bullied off the ball too often.

It could also be argued that putting on a couple of young inexperienced laddies upfront would allow the oppositions full backs to run riot up the wings putting even more pressure on our midfield and defence.

Furthermore, most of our goals in the last 3 seasons have come from midfield, the last out and out striker we had was Hilson and his goals dried up pre-January in his last season with us (not including Ryan as he played less than half a season).

You're basically asking a completely green strike force to start doing something we aren't set up for.

Archived