Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going on past experience, yes. Travis to RB, Bain to LB, Quigley benched and Kennedy in the stand. Although that would beg the question, why bring Quigley in at all? So, I'm almost certainly wrong on that!

Mensing also plays midfield does he not? I'm not suggesting that's a good idea BTW.

Some points from today's game.

1) Kennedy,Bain and Malone on the park. Cregg,Travis and Quigley on the bench!

2) Bain makes an unnecessary tackle on the 39th minute and is sent off. Our ONLY creative player Easton is taken off and McBride stays on?

3) Lister looks like he could play until Tuesday and not score yet stays on. See is given 6 minutes!

4) Manitelemio looks like a Diamond. Where does Gary find them?

The next 6 games will give us a better idea of where we stand in this league so onwards and upwards,hopefully.

42 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

2) Bain makes an unnecessary tackle on the 39th minute and is sent off. Our ONLY creative player Easton is taken off and McBride stays on?

3) Lister looks like he could play until Tuesday and not score yet stays on. See is given 6 minutes!

The next 6 games will give us a better idea of where we stand in this league so onwards and upwards,hopefully.

1) QUIGLEY was on the bench because he was injured during the warm up .

46 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

If you want let go off big Jimmy happily have him back at airdrie.

28 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Agree, Albion rovers, EF, Arbroath, QP and Airdrie are teams we can match, anything from the rest is a bonus.

Manitelemio, not the quickest but looked solid today.

Easton (not a defensive minded player) was subbed after we were reduced to 10 men and Trav came on. We set up 441 with Lister on his own. Thought Trav and McBride played well today.

TBF Bollans 10 man set up was working until 6 mins to go.  

1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

Just to be clear I thought he was different class. 

1) QUIGLEY was on the bench because he was injured during the warm up .

Not getting your annoyance with Kennedy and Bain being on ahead of Quigley and Travis, Victor.

I'd have Travis on as centre half every week but he's not our best right back. I'd more query Mensing walking straight back into the team ahead of Travis. Ball over the top had us in trouble for their first and third goals and a cross from their left found a striker running between Mensing and Rod for the second.

As for left back, I felt Kennedy stepped right up to it at very short notice. Think it was his first start since January with Quigley picking up an injury in the warm up. Couple of hold your breath moments but nothing different to any other left back we've had this year. He certainly found a teammate with a pass as often as McBride didn't.

Felt again that we've been slightly undone by a ref. Thought the goal scoring chance had gone when the Rovers player lost control of the ball before Bain clattered into him. Yellow card for me.

Hoped we could hold out for the draw but alas, not today.

Archived