Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Hopefully next time it's only 3 minutes long.....

Agreed. Did they tell us anything we didn't know? We tried to sign some top full time Premier League Players but they didn't want to come to Forfar. We did however get a couple of kids on loan from Dingwall.

The more you learn of the David Cox situation the stranger it becomes.  Forfar - Cowdenbeath ?

Agreed. Did they tell us anything we didn't know? We tried to sign some top full time Premier League Players but they didn't want to come to Forfar. We did however get a couple of kids on loan from Dingwall.
The more you learn of the David Cox situation the stranger it becomes.  Forfar - Cowdenbeath ?

It’s not Forfar to Cowdenbeath

It’s Jim Weir to Gary Bollan, who he obviously really enjoys playing under

It’s not strange at all

8 hours ago, dee_62 said:

completely agree - love this kind of stuff.  To have any idea about this kind of detail/info before the advent of Club websites/social media and FAFCTV, you'd have to read about 3 match programmes, scrape together some interviews from the courier and get told some stuff from someone down the pub who knows someone, who knows the groundsman's auntie. 

Well done all at FAFC

I found it rather monotonous tbh, not many will stay awake for over 30 minutes of riveting viewing.

Jim does seem to go on about the opposition too much, why not just concentrate on playing our best side in their best positions and stop fretting about the full time- higher level players.

17 pts out of 48 isn't great so far, we failed to get a bounce from Bollan and the games are running out for JW

I found it rather monotonous tbh, not many will stay awake for over 30 minutes of riveting viewing.
Jim does seem to go on about the opposition too much, why not just concentrate on playing our best side in their best positions and stop fretting about the full time- higher level players.
17 pts out of 48 isn't great so far, we failed to get a bounce from Bollan and the games are running out for JW

You must be a bit more ITK than me then, I found it to be a useful insight into how a manager has to balance injuries, want-aways, loans, budget and a short window to have to focus on what type of player he'll need for the next 4 months.

Mccallum signed on, Munro signed on and if Travis signs on, that'll be 180degrees from where we were with the last manager!

3 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

You must be a bit more ITK than me then, I found it to be a useful insight into how a manager has to balance injuries, want-aways, loans, budget and a short window to have to focus on what type of player he'll need for the next 4 months.

Mccallum signed on, Munro signed on and if Travis signs on, that'll be 180degrees from where we were with the last manager!

True but we may also be in the same place as he had us...

"Could" be?
I mentioned previously, the fact that Bain, Coxy's mate, stayed speaks volumes.

f**k! How could I forget Bain too? #InGaryOopsSorryJimWeTrust

Agree getting mcCallum And travis signed up is good business but Very surprised how happy Forfar are with Munro signing on, genuinely think there’s a lot better out there, started ok at arbroath and is dangerous at corners but his distribution is terrible and very prone to a mistake 

Agree getting mcCallum And travis signed up is good business but Very surprised how happy Forfar are with Munro signing on, genuinely think there’s a lot better out there, started ok at arbroath and is dangerous at corners but his distribution is terrible and very prone to a mistake 

Agree. He was a breath of fresh air after Dunlop and Rodgers but soon became evident he'd have a daft 10 mins during most games. Travis and TOB were a better pairing but we're not in that position any more. Fortunately, since he's come back, he's displayed his best traits and kept any calamities hidden.

I think Jim has done well so far considering the time of season he’s came in and depleted squad he’s taken over. He gotten us off bottom spot and also good to see him given youth a chance, especially players coming through our own youth team.

I think if we stay up this season, with the good core of players signed up for next season we could have some optimism for the future

Good back up and squad player at this level

The whole point of replacing a manager is to make things better, now having laptop formations etc may be a good thing in the modern game but it still doesn't guarantee points, i have said before that our lack of goal threat will be our downfall this season.

2 huge games coming up before the big 3.....our season will be decided very shortly.

Archived