Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

It's a bit early to be singing the praises of the manager yet, i certainly wasn't overjoyed at JW's appointment but realized he had to be given a chance.

So far i have not overly impressed, lap top managers are not my cup of tea, tactically he has been found wanting on occasions and the Cup defeat at Fortmartine was a turning point for me.

Obviously he has had his hands tied with regards to new signings and we are heading down the Colts route which i don't agree with. The next 3 league games will go a long way to our survival this season.....let's see what awaits before making any rash judgement's. 

I think we are pointing out that he's getting our better players on the books for another2 seasons after this one, what's not to praise about that? 

Tactically he's also swapped things that have turned games in our favour too, pretty difficult when he was down to bare bones for a team.  Our poor run of form coincided with our worst injury list that I can remember

I'm not sure what your colts comment is about though, how is that relevant to the managers signings and performance?  Not being able to get loan signings from the bigger clubs?

It's a bit early to be singing the praises of the manager yet, i certainly wasn't overjoyed at JW's appointment but realized he had to be given a chance.
So far i have not overly impressed, lap top managers are not my cup of tea, tactically he has been found wanting on occasions and the Cup defeat at Fortmartine was a turning point for me.
Obviously he has had his hands tied with regards to new signings and we are heading down the Colts route which i don't agree with. The next 3 league games will go a long way to our survival this season.....let's see what awaits before making any rash judgement's. 

The Formartine result probably helped him quite a lot in finding out exactly how piss poor and effortless some of his players actually were. Bad result but dividends as regards his learning curve.

Tough re-arranged game against Tayport tomorrow night for the young Loons.

I wonder if JW is thinking of playing Hurst to give him more game time? Especially as the forecast is for -2 / -3 degrees around kick-off.

Wrap up warm lads, fur-lined jockstraps a must 8)

Pretty quiet on here after Saturdays pitiful showing.

At least the manager was honest after and basically slated the captain and the rest of the team (minus the goalie) ......yep i am really excited about the rest of the season. :(

26 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

At least the manager was honest after and basically slated the captain and the rest of the team (minus the goalie) ......yep i am really excited about the rest of the season. :(

Think Weir should be looking at himself  as well to be honest.  With Malone and Millar left on the bench we were far too open in the middle.

At least the manager was honest after and basically slated the captain and the rest of the team (minus the goalie) ......yep i am really excited about the rest of the season. [emoji20]
Some great saves from the keeper but the goal was from his mistake.

52 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Think Weir should be looking at himself  as well to be honest.  With Malone and Millar left on the bench we were far too open in the middle.

No problem with JW handing out bollockings but you're right, he needs to look at himself too. He's correct about the quality of crosses though, and even corners, imo.

The new lad Dingwall put a good shift in midfield at the EF game but did not have the same impact on Saturday. Must be all that cycling from 3 in the morning to make it in time for kick off. 

Basically Airdrie were the better team :(

No problem with JW handing out bollockings but you're right, he needs to look at himself too. He's correct about the quality of crosses though, and even corners, imo.
The new lad Dingwall put a good shift in midfield at the EF game but did not have the same impact on Saturday. Must be all that cycling from 3 in the morning to make it in time for kick off. 
Basically Airdrie were the better team [emoji20]

Airdrie were streets ahead in second half - we were woeful. No shape, no pattern of play and it’s not going to get any better with the rubbish signings in the window. League 2 beckons.........

Jim's post match interviews are usually a decent watch. He reads the game well and no bull. However, he picks the team from the squad he has available. He states in his interview , as an excuse, that" it's a young team, a very young side." BUT, he chose to leave Malone, Millar and McBride on the bench. His decision.  He chose to go with McNaughton who was signed as a coach and has used his experience to make up for his lack of pace but surely  Jim must have seen in training that he was running on empty. 

Let's hope there is not a gentlemans agreement with Mr. Coyle that his boys must play as they are clearly not up to it. Off the bench for the last 15 mins at best. 

Let's also hope that Hurst , with more game time , can last a bit longer than the 15 mins he put in.

Aitken was immense, but every time he got the ball Airdrie had 2 or 3 players on him and he got very little support from his team mates.

Stick with our own signed players and our development squad kids .

Archived