Forfar Athletic 2017-18

On 10/7/2017 at 19:40, loon74 said:

10.30 train for use from Dundee . Saved all year for a hampden pie , can’t wait

Hope you are aware that the line between Dundee and Perth is closed over the weekend. No trains running Saturday or Sunday.

Nice roundabout way to get to Glasgow from Dundee and back again.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, COG said:

An early goal from Matthew Aitken gave the u20s a hard fought win  away to Stirling Albion tonight. Good to see Grant Adam back in goal and both the first team manager and assistant in attendance. 

Here, that is a good result. Do you know what the team was?  Really poor that the club can't at least give the team. 

16 minutes ago, COG said:

Adam

Warwick, MacIntosh, S Clarke, Kennedy

Gill (Penker 70)  Allan, K Clark (Miller 80) Morrison 

Aitken , Johnson (Starkey 65)

Unused Sub: King (GK)

Thanks for that. Any stand out performances? (Apologies, I'm assuming you were there)

4 senior players in the back 5 so good to see a shut out.  

Would also add from an Arbroath point of view I have a lot more respect for him now after his comments at the end of last season. After we beat Elgin to go top on the second last day, Weir, Price and a few others stuck about for our end of year club presentations and he said some words to the room saying he felt his decision to leave Gayfield and go to Brechin was the worst he made in his career, he rejects doing so and he wished us all the best and spoke highly of the club. Also, while all the fans were thoroughly pissed off when he moved to Brechin he did handle the move in the right way, as despite us only having 2 guys signed up for the following season he didn't start trying to tap them up for his next job and actually encouraged them to sign on again at Gayfield and make a title push with us.
A side from all of this I will, of course, be giving him plenty of abuse on the occaisions when we play this season.

Funny thing is, I remember him saying the same thing about Arbroath when he moved to Brechin.

Elgin fans appear delighted that Gavin Price has been appointed Manager. They think he was the brains of the duo. Let's hope they are wrong.

Not sure how Price would have got on at Forfar as there was a bit of history there.

Let's hope Jim repeats the policy of going for a Young coach. Any names in the frame?

Guys! I'm planning getting train to Arbroath and bus to Forfar for our game in a fortnight. Is that doable without having a total nightmare?  

The bus to Forfar is an absolute pain in the arse. But it is doable yes.

As you walk out of the side entrance/car park of the train station at Arbroath (right over the stairs and out the other side when you get off, don't go up to the front door) it takes approximately 2 minutes to get to the bus station, which is on the left when you leave the train station side entrance. Turn to the left when you get to the street and go past the training centre and towards the dualler then you'll see the bus station on your right.

You can't miss it, the bus to get on is the 27 bus, it takes approximately 45 minutes though due to the Forfar road being shite and the bus going through a good few wee villages. I used to use it every day when I worked in Forfar.

When you get to Forfar the bus picks you up and drops you off on the Main Street, east high street, it's only a 5-10 minute walk to Station Park from there. Walk down North Street.

Any word on your new gaffer bringing in assistant yet?

Courier reported he was in no rush and would continue with Sellars and Mensing for a couple of weeks. Given the way things have gone though, that could mean an appointment is imminent.

At the risk of stating the obvious. . . . . Weir doesn't half have a job on his hands. The utter dross that Bollan has brought in, are way way out of their depth it's untrue. 

The defence NEVER look like keeping a clean sheet. 

The midfield get run over week in week out (at least the games I've watched) Totally punchless.

The forwards just don't look like scoring when they do eventually get a sniff. 

Being serious here, Weir is as well starting with 9 men rather than play Cregg and McBride. Utterly hopeless. 

49 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Being serious here, Weir is as well starting with 9 men rather than play Cregg and McBride. Utterly hopeless.

Totally agree Wullie. 

Also why have Cox up front on his own? I'm bemused by the attacking setup.

Other than that, at a loss for words to describe the display today. Looking forward to the young Loons on Tuesday, better fitb'a from them at the moment,

On 10/21/2017 at 18:13, Kwaka Mal said:

Totally agree Wullie. 

Also why have Cox up front on his own? I'm bemused by the attacking setup.

Other than that, at a loss for words to describe the display today. Looking forward to the young Loons on Tuesday, better fitb'a from them at the moment,

100%...it's a welcome relief from a Saturday atm.

How is Easton doing with you guys ?

Bollan basically never played him; he featured early season, 5 games played 4 of them in the cups at the start of the season. Rumour had it he requested getting released because of Bollan.
Eventually getting game time under Weir played both games so far. Talented laddy.

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

How is Easton doing with you guys ?

Certainly has a some skill but tends to keep the ball too long for me, this then draws more players towards him. Not sure if this is because the rest of the team tend to stand and watch, so he has no out ball or he does not get his head up to look if there's a pass on. Either way it's down to the coaching staff to alter either or both scenarios.

Having said that I'd play him every week. But then I'd have Kennedy and Aitken in as well, so wtfdik.

Archived