Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we think Balmer and Sellars will alter much tomorrow? Either with personnel and/or formation and tactics?  

A few tweaks might suffice, it'll be more down to players attitudes imo. 

Please play Michael Kennedy. 

Edited to say. . .  Darren Whyte signed from St Mirren this morning and will play Centre half

Do we think Balmer and Sellars will alter much tomorrow? Either with personnel and/or formation and tactics?  

Edited to say. . .  Darren Whyte signed from St Mirren this morning and will play Centre half

Mensing better be getting splinters on his arse tomorrow then.

Quigley's return to the 1st team straight after injury and despite Kennedy's best efforts suggests, to me, that there's some financial incentives or penalties in play alongside the loan. That being the case, I'd expect the Dundee lad to keep his place till January or till any new manager sends him back to his big team.
Said it before though, I've been better at predicting the 50/50 prize than any Forfar lineup over the last season or two.

5 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Lets get down on our knees and pray.

1 hour ago, speedframe said:

This forced to pick loan players scenario reared its head many times under Campbell.

If indeed this is the case then it strengthens the argument against loan players.

There is simply no justification for selecting players on this basis - it almost beggars belief.

I can see the point of view of the parent clubs.

They aren't sending these lads out to stand on the terraces of league one and two. 

It's not ideal, but if the player isn't good enough, the loan club could bite the bullet, return the player and burn the bridge with the parent club.

Catch 22.

I too can see the point of the parent club, BUT, it only creates a situation where the loanee gets better  treatment than the club's own player.  It stinks and it sends out all the wrong signals. It would only work if Quigley is much better than Kennedy. . . . And he's clearly not.

A deal should be struck to get him back to Dundee NOW, not January. Same goes for Peters back to Livingston. 

Kennedy, See, Aitken, etc etc etc are Forfar players and should be treated accordingly.

21 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

I too can see the point of the parent club, BUT, it only creates a situation where the loanee gets better  treatment than the club's own player.  It stinks and it sends out all the wrong signals. It would only work if Quigley is much better than Kennedy. . . . And he's clearly not.

A deal should be struck to get him back to Dundee NOW, not January. Same goes for Peters back to Livingston. 

Kennedy, See, Aitken, etc etc etc are Forfar players and should be treated accordingly.

Spot on, absolutely pointless having U/20's moving up to the 1st team and not being selected, hopefully we can bring in someone who embraces this.

3 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Spot on, absolutely pointless having U/20's moving up to the 1st team and not being selected, hopefully we can bring in someone who embraces this.

Agreed.

The fans have an important role to play too though. They must show patience when young lads are promoted from the 20s. . . . These lads are learning their trade and will undoubtedly make mistakes, so it's important that they be allowed to learn from them without the worry of fans getting on their backs. 

The chairman and vice made it clear from their interview that Forfar Athletic should be bringing more boys from their OWN development squad through. . . . Let's hope they choose a manager who follows this philosophy better than Bollan.

Archived