Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More than Petrie and you would have him in a minute, apparently 

Really? I'm struggling to think of any promotions for Weir. Certainly a losing playoff place with Elgin and a relegation with Arbroath. (All that in quite a few years as a manager). Petrie in half a season got a bottom of the table team into a playoff.

5 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Really? I'm struggling to think of any promotions for Weir. Certainly a losing playoff place with Elgin and a relegation with Arbroath. (All that in quite a few years as a manager). Petrie in half a season got a bottom of the table team into a playoff.

Think Weir got Brechin twice to the play offs and Montrose once

5 minutes ago, ecto said:

You forgot to mention his long and distinguished managerial career with Arbroath. He lost a Scottish Cup tie to the mighty Irvine Meadow and took Arbroath to the play offs (relegation) where he lost to some team whose name escapes me.

12 minutes ago, ecto said:

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

And bottled it on all 3 occasions.....which is pleasing

You have to let this go, we have moved on, please do the same, after all your comments say more about you than anyone else

Come on down the price is right , Jim & Gav no thanks .
Would Petrie even consider forfar after what happened last time ?
What about Jim from Peterhead , must be wanting a team closer and has all the united background that we normally go for ?
Charlie king & Gibson ?
Paul sheerin , would he step back to part time football ?

5 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

You forgot to mention his long and distinguished managerial career with Arbroath. He lost a Scottish Cup tie to the mighty Irvine Meadow and took Arbroath to the play offs (relegation) where he lost to some team whose name escapes me.

Did not forget, just choose not to remember

15 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

The clue is in the interview. 

A management team of 3 or 4 and some compensation to be paid.

Petrie Malcolm Sellars with Foxy in charge of the development squad. # The Dream Team.

Petrie would bring in Gibson. They worked together at Broughty and when Petrie left for Montrose, wanted Gibson as his assistant. He was tempted but chose to stay at Broughty. Now though, he's without a club. 

16 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Petrie Malcolm Sellars with Foxy in charge of the development squad. # The Dream Team.

That £8k from Swankie might come in handy.

I must've missed that bit where they mentioned compensation. I did hear them say that they were waiting for another week to get more applications in though. Did I hear them say a Scottish internationalist has applied (along with people in and out of jobs currently)?

4 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

I must've missed that bit where they mentioned compensation. I did hear them say that they were waiting for another week to get more applications in though. Did I hear them say a Scottish internationalist has applied (along with people in and out of jobs currently)?

Only one serious contender for me..

chris.jpg

1 hour ago, loon74 said:

Come on down the price is right , Jim & Gav no thanks .
Would Petrie even consider forfar after what happened last time ?
What about Jim from Peterhead , must be wanting a team closer and has all the united background that we normally go for ?
Charlie king & Gibson ?
Paul sheerin , would he step back to part time football ?

Petrie...last time?? He turned the job down did he not...wasn't the right time

Petrie...last time?? He turned the job down did he not...wasn't the right time

Was it not because he was showing to much passion in the dugout in the game against Albion after dicks sacking & the club decided to go for the more experienced and relaxed manager in GARY .

Of course their is another side of the story why he didn't get the job but we've all moved on since then , brighter and better things , except when the lights went out against Linlithgow , that was a dark chapter .

I wish somebody started the fire that night .

37 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Can anyone remind me why Stuart wasn't tarnished by being part of the Campbell management team? Was it just down to his long association with the loons?

He didn't loudly call any Forfar fans a cnut during a game.  In  DC's defence, however, he was correct.

Archived