Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the whole interview with the chairman and vice just there. Very refreshing I must say.  Interesting that they speak about youth being the way forward. Quite clearly having a dig at Bollan for not doing it and rightly so. I'm sure Michael Kennedy will be going about with a wee smile today. 

Stevie Milne couldn't even play and make training twice a week every week never mind manage. And why would Dave Mackay leave Stirling? Pointless even putting things up like that cause you're just spreading shite to your own fans.

Relax we didn't start the fire .

The youth thing is a pipe dream, I cant see any examples of it working with a part time club in recent times. Youll maybe get the odd one or two diamonds coming through but if they show any real promise they are snapped up for next to nothing almost instantly. The Bollan appointment was a disastrous decision, coupled with missing out on Stewart Petrie who seemed to be a perfect choice. Hope Forfar get the right guy and can stay up. 

The youth thing is a pipe dream, I cant see any examples of it working with a part time club in recent times. Youll maybe get the odd one or two diamonds coming through but if they show any real promise they are snapped up for next to nothing almost instantly. The Bollan appointment was a disastrous decision, coupled with missing out on Stewart Petrie who seemed to be a perfect choice. Hope Forfar get the right guy and can stay up. 

I agree.In my 40 years plus of following the Loons ,youth development has produced next to nothing in succesfull players.A few with potential never reached.You need a spine of seasoned pros at the very least.Looking forward to Sat now purely as the cloud of GB has lifted.Not even looking for a point just a bit of effort and intent.

Just watched the interview on the old Betamax. 

Very positive and most of the issues covered. Bit of a fudge about Rod. As I stated before, he was not the finished article but surely the new manager should have been given the chance to work with him. TBF I thought he had a decent game against a very quick free scoring Raith side and him and Mensing almost held out for the draw. It seems Gary was looking for a John Terry and he got a David Luiz.

Our new V.C. Mentioned a new management team of 3or 4  so it looks like Balmer will have the next two games and then be on his way.

Decent idea for the under 20's. Bringing in 16/17 year olds and working with them for 3 years.Also getting the best of the rest from the surrounding Premiership development squads for our development squad. Too many decent youngsters are rejected without being given a chance. 

No word if Andy Munro is to be recalled?

All in all a positive message from FAFC. I might head for Methil on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

What has weir done to think he would be an improvement? Unremarkable record.

More than Petrie and you would have him in a minute, apparently 

Archived