Most loathsome Tory

Scary Bear

Which one is it?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gove has to be up there. Davidson, May, Hunt all deserve a mention too.

For those saying that past lot were worse, I'm not so sure - this lot have somehow shifted denigrating immigrants, the poor, teachers, NHS workers into a mainstream view. It takes a real nasty streak to do that. I honestly don't know how some of them sleep at night.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gove has to be up there. Davidson, May, Hunt all deserve a mention too.

For those saying that past lot were worse, I'm not so sure - this lot have somehow shifted denigrating immigrants, the poor, teachers, NHS workers into a mainstream view. It takes a real nasty streak to do that. I honestly don't know how some of them sleep at night.

Gove is a horrid sleekit wee shit but he is yesterday's man.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I'll stick him on the poll but nah there are worse out there.

Others perhaps have slightly worse politics than Johnson, but his self-interest, incompetence and downright dishonesty places him at the top of my list. His shameless behaviour over Brexit and, amongst other things, the 'part-Kenyan' controversy really put it beyond doubt for me. He is despicable. 

I have already voted for Philip Davies on the poll, though. He is really dreadful, but less high profile and influential than Johnson.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Jacob Reese Mogg is one of the better ones IMO.

Bo Jo is by far the worst and I'm pretty surprised I am the first person to mention him!

At the 1997 general election, Rees-Mogg was the Tory candidate for the solidly Labour seat of Central Fife and attracted ridicule after canvassing a largely working-class neighbourhood with his former nannyon election night he came third, gaining 9% of the votes cast, slightly fewer than half of the votes won by the previous Conservative candidate in 1992. However, rumours that he had toured the constituency in a Bentley were described as "scurrilous" − he insisted it had been a Mercedes.

Sounds like a man of the people. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Sounds like a man of the people. 

Jesus. Im not doubting he's a horror show i just find Boris much worse, and Jeremy Hunt now that someone has mentioned it. 

No one could ever top Thatcher. May is running her close though with time on her side.

I'll qualify this thread: most loathsome living Tory who is regularly seen demonstrating why they are loathsome. Preferably a politician.

Gove pretty much stopped Johnson from becoming Prime Minister. Now, I know we're stuck with May, but that surely deserves some credit. 

I'd have preferred Johnson. He's a c**t, but also massively lazy. So I suspect he'd have left the actual running of the country to civil servants, which would be infinitely better than leaving it in the hands of Reichfuhrer Theresa.

Archived