Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

What's the story with Woods? Is he out of contract or has there been a falling out behind the scenes?

Going by Transfermarkt, he's out of contract at the end of this month. Perhaps someone could confirm whether or not that's true? Mysteriously "injured" after being ok on Thursday, and I doubt he'll feel happy about being dropped, despite doing well for most of the season - except one game against Hearts. Matthews has been bang average.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don't think it is the volume of games that are the issue it is the high intensity of games in a short period of time. Having been involved in 3 of the 4 seasons play offs I can tell you it exhausts you as a supporter so I can't imagine what it does to players.

For me they should be relegating two and 3 v 4 should play home and away to face 2nd in a one off final.

Can't really argue with that.

Can't see a massive overhaul to be honest. We really need another forward as Bingham isn't really up to it but we have unearthed a couple of good uns' in Gogic, who is a terrific prospect, and Skondras who i hope signs on again. I can see a couple stepping up from the U20s, namely Cunningham and Tierney who are good prospects.

Add Ferguson, Boyd and Hughes to the list of u20s who look good prospects.

There's an article in the Tele about Wagner. Group of Dundee fans from down South purchased hospitality (table of 8) and brought Wagner along for £2,300. Wagner left at HT bemoaning the quality on show and how he wanted to see the Dees*.

*That last part may or may not be true.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's an article in the Tele about Wagner. Group of Dundee fans from down South purchased hospitality (table of 8) and brought Wagner along for £2,300. Wagner left at HT bemoaning the quality on show and how he wanted to see the Dees*.

*That last part may or may not be true.

That absolutely pathetic from them if true.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Did you think Wagner turned up of his own accord like you melt?

Aye mate that's exactly what I thought.

Imagine spending in excess of 2 grand to go to a game your team isn't involved in and paying an oddball to turn up.

Imagine spending in excess of 2 grand to go to a game your team isn't involved in and paying an oddball to turn up.

Drop in the ocean for them.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's brought back the feel good factor to Scottish fitba, lighten up a bit.

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Thought you were a 'Bantz' kind of guy too. 

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

After being written off every season we've been a Premiership club as nothing more than 12th placed cannon fodder, is it any wonder we celebrated? It's a big GIRUY to all the doubters if anything. We were also celebrating the fact that it's the 1st time the club has achieved 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight post WW2. With such limited resources and mediocre fan base, that has to go down as a great achievement. And don't tell me Airdrie wouldn't have been celebrating in that manner if they'd been in our shoes yesterday.

I've forgotten what it's like to celebrate. 

Most teams would, you're right. I was more trying to make a general point about rewarding mediocrity. The play offs effectively do that at any level. 

Hamilton is probably a bad example to use but the overal point stands. 

2 hours ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

Keep seeing folk going on about how the playoffs favour the Premiership side and sob stories about poor United running out of steam after playing 6 playoff games.

Hamilton played 38 league games. United played 36. Hamilton travelled to Dingwall the night United hosted Falkirk and then played a must win game against us the following Saturday - giving them 1 less day rest than United before the first leg.

If the team who finished 2nd makes the playoff final they end up playing 40 games for a place in the Premiership - the same as the Premiership side will play. If you finish 3rd or 4th in a 10 team league, it's hardly unreasonable to expect to have an extra hurdle in the way to gain Promotion.

This whole titled in the Premiership sides favour is a total myth.

I've said it before but fatigue/tiredness just isn't an excuse for us. In both games against Morton we were shite first half and good second half. Falkirk away we were shite first half and good second half and at home we had a good spell in the first half and were shite the rest. Throughout the season we've been awful, relying on good 10-20 minute spells during games to win them. There's not a single game this season that you could look back on and say "that's what Dundee United can do when they're not tired" because we haven't had a single good performance over 90 mins all season.