Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

Time to get my excuse in- having not expected anything this weekend, I booked to be away.

So in case we lose on Sunday, I'm not hiding, I'm on holiday and will be back to face the music on Tuesday.

If we win, I will be finding an internet source to allow me to waste Monday gloating.

This 'appeals delay' loophole has had the arse well and truly kicked out of it this season. An absolute sham. Murray is a cheat in general but the verdict on his antics in the first leg could have easily been determined by a hearing either this afternoon or tomorrow. The same applies to previous cases such as the Brown red card at Ross County. It's an absolute farce that clubs can postpone sanctions until after absolutely critical matches are played: if it had been a two-footed lunge Dundee United could have made the same decision and accepted any costs of a frivolous appeal. Which weights the sport in favour of the richer teams as well. Rapid appeals within 48 hours need to take place in Scottish football.

Dundee United were poor on Thursday night but I don't feel that there'll be too much home advantage for Hamilton in the return leg. Dundee United's away form in the league was abysmal, but they have been more effective in the away matches of the playoffs so far. I'd expect Hamilton to enjoy a spell of dominance in the first half but will need two goals IMO to win the tie. Otherwise McKinnon will change a few things, give them a bollocking at half-time and they'll be strong enough to turn another game around.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

This 'appeals delay' loophole has had the arse well and truly kicked out of it this season. An absolute sham. Murray is a cheat in general but the verdict on his antics in the first leg could have easily been determined by a hearing either this afternoon or tomorrow. The same applies to previous cases such as the Brown red card at Ross County. It's an absolute farce that clubs can postpone sanctions until after absolutely critical matches are played: if it had been a two-footed lunge Dundee United could have made the same decision and accepted any costs of a frivolous appeal. Which weights the sport in favour of the richer teams as well. Rapid appeals within 48 hours need to take place in Scottish football.

Dundee United were poor on Thursday night but I don't feel that there'll be too much home advantage for Hamilton in the return leg. Dundee United's away form in the league was abysmal, but they have been more effective in the away matches of the playoffs so far. I'd expect Hamilton to enjoy a spell of dominance in the first half but will need two goals IMO to win the tie. Otherwise McKinnon will change a few things, give them a bollocking at half-time and they'll be strong enough to turn another game around.

General question as I haven't actually read through this thread in full but when did the ruling come in that a red card for two yellow card offences could be appealed? I wasn't aware of this until the aftermath of Murray's red.

On 26/05/2017 at 00:18, RossDee01 said:

That was absolute pish.

For the second leg I say we take 10 fans from each side. Accies young team and the boys with the "our season starts now" signs at Tannadice last season. Oh and the baldy fella who was in tatters on Doon Day. Anyway, getting off track.

These 10 fans from each team start on opposite goal lines and there will be 1 traffic cone in the middle of the pitch. When the whistle goes it's a fight till the death. Winner gets to play premiership football next season.

If Dougie Imrie's fit he can be part of the Accies young team.

Who do you propose makes the numbers up on Accies side?

General question as I haven't actually read through this thread in full but when did the ruling come in that a red card for two yellow card offences could be appealed? I wasn't aware of this until the aftermath of Murray's red.

Yellow cards for simulation or mistaken identity can be appealed. Been that way for years.

The rule is there for all teams to use and abuse. I'm pretty sure any team in the country would do the same. Plus the second one is a stonewaller. A bit theatrical but still a foul.

Let's not get up on the high horse too quickly.

Plus I wouldnt be surprised if this simulation rule was brought in due to an old firm player rapidly needing off the hook for a big game...

7 hours ago, virginton said:

I'd like to know what is it the SFA appeals panel are too busy doing that they can't have the hearing before the game. I doubt very much that they're snowed under a backlog of cases to review, given that it's the end of the season and that. 

It's an absolute nailed on certainty that Murray will now score the goal that sends United up. 

Hopefully the ACF take him clean out with a cone in the first few minutes of the game.

Turning to the match, I'm disappointed in Wato Kuate's reaction to having such a poor match on Thursday, as there is a potential talent, like perhaps Ciftci, in there somewhere. But he meant we were playing with 10 for almost an hour a man down, in fact Wato was one of Accies best options in terms on building attacks.

Then given Murray's dismissal, for only around 20 minutes did it feel we had a full compliment on the park. Thus I'm hopeful from what I saw in that spell that we will have enough left to trouble Accies.

Taking nothing for granted, and I won't be too concerned if we are in the Championship next season. The Premiership attractions of more kick off time alterations, Sunday matches and listening to Celtic and Sevco fans doesn't greatly appeal.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The rule is there for all teams to use and abuse. I'm pretty sure any team in the country would do the same.

I don't think that the likes of Brechin or Montrose would be willing to bear the costs of a frivolous appeal actually. So while the loophole is in theory open for everyone to abuse, it actually favours the richer teams in Scottish football who can free their key players from suspension for crucial matches. 

Plus I wouldnt be surprised if this simulation rule was brought in due to an old firm player rapidly needing off the hook for a big game...

Grade A whataboutery.

Edited by vikingTON