Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

44 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

How many have been left out due to the home team only allocating a certain amount, in times due to capacity, but at others to gain an advantage.

Falkirk didn't even sell out their allocation at Tannadice last week. I don't see a problem with teams attempting to gain home advantage. Falkirk could easily have given United say half the stand if they wanted to. 

In general, I would be in favour of an minimum percentage of capacity for away fans for all league games rather than the current "reasonable allocation" rule.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well I think, and I imagine most agree, that at the very least the final should be a 1 leg neutral venue affair, thats if you think the team in 11th should even get a chance at all.

For me the final being a one off is the no brainerest of no brainers

Tannadice and Hamilton's ground will both be packed. A neutral venue (which you know would be Hampden) would be a quarter full at best!

No brainer indeed.

Why are we rewarding failure?
They should do away with it completely and have 1 up and 1 down.

Nonsense. The play-offs have been fantastic, and they would be make even better if they do away with the 11th-placed team going into them.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well for the sake of my hypothetical arguement, can we say that there is no cause to use Hampden. Its not a national trophy. If you want to argue that 11th place deserves a chance to play off for their survival fine, but I dont think there is really a reasonable arguement for 2 legs and weighting it in their favour.

I have no issue with the weighting, though interestingly back when we won the play-offs against Patrick, the second leg was at Tannadice.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

but I dont think there is really a reasonable arguement for 2 legs and weighting it in their favour.

So it's fairer to have a one off game, where a fluke/ mistake/ poor refereeing decision can decide who gets promotion?

Your argument for one game makes no sense whatsoever.

There is a legitimate claim for the structure to be 11th v 4th and 3rd v 2nd in the SF's then a two legged final between the winners as in the lower divisions, but other than that the play-offs are great, and bring excitement for a lot of supporters whose season would otherwise have petered out.

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Why are we rewarding failure?
They should do away with it completely and have 1 up and 1 down.

It's already heavily weighted in favour of the Premiership team. Is that not enough for you? :) 

On 22/05/2017 at 20:20, G_Man1985 said:

Em asking. Wtf man ?

All I'll say is I have a mate who is employed by Accies and he inexplicably gave me two Accies polo shirts as a leaving present. I didn't have the heart to throw them out and as I don't know the Accies fan, I couldn't give them away. 

Love how people are saying two games insures the best team stays or goes up.

Its not unfair you just make sure you finish second.

Well same applies if you finish 11th you make sure you don't.

No runner up deserves to go up automatically. If you finish second you get an advantage over the teams 3rd and 4th anyway.

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I feel that Templeton's fitness (or lack of) is going to be the key for us over these two legs.

I'd imagine he'll struggle to last one set of 90 minutes, never mind two, so it'll be interesting to see if he starts tomorrow night. Possible impact sub if when required?

ftfy.

Templeton + MacKinnon are the reasons why I think we need to get a result in Dundee to kill this tie.  One is then suspended, and the other will be knackered

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

You could also say if you want to ensure you go up that you make sure you finish 1st rather than 2nd.

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

Bitch plz

If we needed to finish second we would have.