Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't think Andreu will be trying too hard in this one.

Won't matter, he's not been doing a hell of a lot for the last couple of months due to him being shoved out on the left.

6 hours ago, Helpma said:

I see Dundee Utd are laying on free buses for their supporters on Sunday.  What are the chances of Accies doing likewise, I wonder?  (cue comments on minibuses, tandems and/or the double decker).

I don't want to pile the pressure of Stephen Thompson but when Angus Cook laid on free buses for an away dayt at Motherwell in the early 90s they were giving away free bags of crisps and cans of juice on the buses as well.  Can United's budget stretch that far?

Edited by Shadow Play

You're always going to get crowd wanking against this lot, what do you expect? They're the world famous who managed a 3rd place finish in the Scottish Championship. No doubt neutrals from all over the world will be flying in just to witness players like Coll Donaldson and Blair Spittal in the flesh.

Doubt I'll get to the second leg sadly, not a season ticket holder and can see tickets selling fast.

Hamilton though are only going to have 1,000 fans there so be stupid not to give us the rest

A bit like Dundee U did in the semi first leg then?

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Time to 'win ugly' here accies. Get that arse murray booted six feet up in the air, in the first minute. Thank you.

Thank God MacKinnon is available for the first leg then.  Although to be fair to him, he's been showing signs of being a pretty good footballer as well beneath all that aggression.  Our own little Scott Brown, even.

I'm seeing a pleasing amount of entitled arrogance from the Dundee Utd support so far, reminiscent of another playoff final we've been involved in.  History shows that it takes a special quality from the Championship time to overcome the final hurdle of the play-offs, a quality that so far only one team in history has shown.  I really don't think that the current challengers have that quality.

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I don't want to pile the pressure of Stephen Thompson but when Angus Cook laid on free buses for an away dayt at Motherwell in the early 90s they were giving away free bags of crisps and cans of juice on the buses as well.  Can United's budget stretch that far?

I think a few free cans of Fanta could be the thing that finally tips us into administration.

Thank God MacKinnon is available for the first leg then.  Although to be fair to him, he's been showing signs of being a pretty good footballer as well beneath all that aggression.  Our own little Scott Brown, even.
I'm seeing a pleasing amount of entitled arrogance from the Dundee Utd support so far, reminiscent of another playoff final we've been involved in.  History shows that it takes a special quality from the Championship time to overcome the final hurdle of the play-offs, a quality that so far only one team in history has shown.  I really don't think that the current challengers have that quality.

It will be the worst 11th place finishing team since the playoffs began so statistics like that might not be so important.