Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/19/2017 at 13:34, Fuctifano said:

I've got a feeling we'll win this and I don't often feel we'll win games

Nailed it harder than Ron Jeremy. Probably why we don't often win games.

Only good things about today are it shows up the deficiencies in the squad in case some mentalists were under the impression we could survive with this next year and it got Aberdeen's confidence up for defeating the forces of darkness next weekend.

Horrendously disappointing end to a good season, think Barton is the type of player who looks like a star when he's playing well but a massive shitebag liability when he's not switched on. Almost felt sorry for Amoo being hooked after half an hour in his last game but then I remembered he's a non-trying joker.

3 hours ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Doolan, Keown and Cerny the only ones to give a proper thanks to the fans at FT.

That was the fitting conclusion to an absolutely awful day at Firhill. Fair play to the three of them for taking some responsibility and coming over to thank the fans who had stayed on to support them in spite of a pathetic past couple of performances, rather than slinking off down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went.

If that is the last we see of Lindsay, Amoo and whoever else (maybe even Archie), the fact they didn't acknowledge the fans was pretty shit.

As poor as their attitude or performance itself on the pitch was, though, nothing was as bad as that garbage served up at HT. Easily the most embarrassing thing to ever happen at Firhill.

Some 'actors' came on pretending to be Thistle and Celtic and attempted to re-enact the 1971 League Cup final. Many of the players found it difficult to kick the ball more than a few yards, didn't appear to comprehend their motivation and one player in particular couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, so in comparison the actors were a welcome relief. 

The Thistle Ladies team who came on at half time or the Scottish National Theatre boys would have given a better performance than the Jags in the first half.

The referee in the re-enactment was great, even giving the Thistle team a goal that went nowhere near the goals.

2 hours ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

Who was the number 32 that came on for us?

Mark Lamont

13 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

What happened at half time?

A bizarre "re-creation" of the 1971 League Cup final vs Celtic I believe.

I hear that the final game of next season will feature a re-enactment of the goals from our historical Tennents Sixes triumph. They're feeding up one of the guys from today to appear as Paul McLaughlin, and fitting him with a mechanical left leg.

My first child was born a little over 3 weeks ago, so knew I'd be unlikely to make it to the three post-split games. With the opposition , I didn't think I'd miss much but it's always disappointing to miss games on the season ticket. Now though? Thanks, wee man, you've saved me from some absolute shite.

Not quite as shite as that half time show sounds though. I'm all for something different, but that sounds brutal.

20 minutes ago, forameus said:

My first child was born a little over 3 weeks ago, so knew I'd be unlikely to make it to the three post-split games. With the opposition , I didn't think I'd miss much but it's always disappointing to miss games on the season ticket. Now though? Thanks, wee man, you've saved me from some absolute shite.

Not quite as shite as that half time show sounds though. I'm all for something different, but that sounds brutal.

You should count yourself lucky. My old man missed the ECWC final in Gothenburg because my old dear was pregnant. I was born in November...

f**k sake...she was two month pregnant ya fanny....What a waste. I'd have been there. f**k that.

I don't think there's a much better way to prepare for a cup final than beating the ****, then winning 6-0 away from home to cement our best ever points total. This season's football is so much fun. Random points to take from this game:

Scott Wright was terrific. Direct, fast, skillful and clear end product. He'll be great for us next season, but importantly, we've unearthed a genuine attacking threat who can contribute, probably off the bench, in the Cup Final. In such a small squad, with Storey so disappointing, and Stockley a liability, it's great to have another viable attacking option going into Saturday. I want Shinnie to give me a hug too. 

Jack may well head to the ****. He'll be booed to high hell if he goes. At the moment though, he's not said anything, he's not done anything. It's all paper talk, all from Pedro. He did not deserve some of the treatment he got, and I was glad that it, mostly, dissipated as the game wore on. O'Connor has been good, but Shinnie, Jack, McLean is our first choice midfield, and he's our captain. He plays in the cup final. If we win, if he lifts the trophy, noone will be chanting *** *** ***. Interestingly though, he wasn't wearing the armband when he did come on in the second half. 

Christie is a fantastic player. There's almost no way we'll be able to keep him permanently, but another season-long loan could be an option. His touch and technique was never in doubt, but he's filled out a lot since his Caley days. Physical, terrific on the ball and his work rate today was unbelievable. For a final game of the season, at a club he's not even at permanently, and no cup-final place up for grabs, he was everywhere today. 

Farewell Peter Pawlett, baby. Fitting end to his Dons career, a booking for an obvious dive. Hope he rattles some cages down in England. Lovely to hear the song for one last time. We'll always have St Johnstone at Tynecastle. 

Thistle have had a good season, but injuries, suspension and top six safety culminated in the most on-the-beach performance I've ever seen. Poor show to feed that up to paying supporters. 

This Dons team would have challenged the last few years' Celtic teams. It's a shame that BR has sorted them out this year. Still, there have been some amazing results from this side, and we've got a great shot at the cup. I can't fuckin wait. 

Archived