Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a feeling we'll win this and I don't often feel we'll win games. 6 years since we won our last game of the season.

Hopefully the players get the finger out after the last 2 games against an under-strength Aberdeen whose remaining first team players have at least one eye on the cup final. Surely a couple of our own younger guys can get a run out, can understand why they weren't thrown in vs Celtic but nothing to stop it now.

Either that or we fanny around trying to get Doolan to break his duck vs Aberdeen and lose 1-0.

Shite day and shite kick off time though.

28 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Will Jack kiss the badge to tell the dons he's definatley staying...then leaves?

Confirmed by McInnes in press conference that Jack is away.

Wish him well enough provided he doesn't go to the Tribute Act, in which case don't let the door hit you on the way out and don't even attempt to darken our doorstep again. Never was and never will be captain material.

Could be worse I suppose, as he is only or third best midfielder anyway.

34 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I've got a feeling we'll win this and I don't often feel we'll win games. 6 years since we won our last game of the season.

Hopefully the players get the finger out after the last 2 games against an under-strength Aberdeen whose remaining first team players have at least one eye on the cup final. Surely a couple of our own younger guys can get a run out, can understand why they weren't thrown in vs Celtic but nothing to stop it now.

Either that or we fanny around trying to get Doolan to break his duck vs Aberdeen and lose 1-0.

Shite day and shite kick off time though.

It's six years since we won our last match as well. I think that we will break that run this season with a strong team. Derek McInnes is not going to rest too many players, if any.

If we weren't targeting a points record under McInnes, I would be less concerned about this.

That said, no injuries to our key players is the main outcome here.

1-1...Doolan for Thistle and a rare Miles Storey goal for us.

I actually don't care. Get through the 90 minutes, give the players and management a nice wee clap and that's all there is to it.

Arguably Aberdeen have more to play for with players wanting to in the manager's plans for the cup final and the team wanting to put in a good performance ahead of it (maybe by trying to surpass Celtic's tally last night).

Who knows. Who cares. Farewell Season 2016/17, you started badly but got better with age.

Three points. Win a fucking top six game Thistle, for god's sake. Oh, and pay attention til the final whistle, huh? :)

Archived