West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a Roy fan (and thank f**k I'm not)! I'd be far more concerned that my own club was shelling out multiple four figure transfer fees whilst moaning in the local paper that they might struggle to survive. Sign local amateur boys that'll play for a lot less than your current star men as long as the club survives.

A change was needed at Pollok. There weren't any bad players last season but we just couldn't string a consistent run of results together. There's maybe been 2 more ins and outs than I expected, but some players were offered terms and chose to move on so what can you do?

16 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

The problem I see is that all the players signed will see themselves as starters and they won't be!

Every player kicking a baw sees themselves as starters or wits the point. But 5k a week on wages is suicide if it goes wrong in my opinion

18 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Every player kicking a baw sees themselves as starters or wits the point. But 5k a week on wages is suicide if it goes wrong in my opinion

It's absolutely miles off that mate. I wish we had £5k a week for wages!

How are Talbot shaping up for next year? ATM you'd have to think Glens are favourites with Pollok and Beith not far behind. Cumnock look fairly strong as well.

Talbot I think are 4 in 4 out 3 of the players leaving are 1st team regulars but there signings are just as good on paper beith have lost 4 players and so far only signed 3 but 2 of the 3 are regular starters imo and the other is a young local boy who looks a very good prospect very happy so far with our transfer dealings I see Glen's have lost 2 players don't know much bout there signings to comment pollok have did great business surprised they released David winters n hanlon looking forward 2 another close run thing in the league

How are Talbot shaping up for next year? ATM you'd have to think Glens are favourites with Pollok and Beith not far behind. Cumnock look fairly strong as well.

Glens won it with 46 points. A low total. It will need to be higher this year and I don't see them pulling that off. Talbot have yet to show their hand in full but I don't think we will looking outside the big boys this year.

3 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

signed 15 new players (which 2 played for the club before) and retain another 4 from last season squad 

Of the 15 2 return while 3 played at the end of last season aye? Lindsay, McNeil, and Brennan?

Just now, megaspinnernet2 said:

brennan under the 4 which we retained from last season 

Add Josh to that then alongside Hay, Girvan and McGregor............ I am not being picky I am just extremely bored :(

Glens won it with 46 points. A low total. It will need to be higher this year and I don't see them pulling that off. Talbot have yet to show their hand in full but I don't think we will looking outside the big boys this year.

Why what's to stop it being just as close this season?

That is indeed laughable for a club of nomads close to extinction.

If we had one of those and someone with a few quid sticking money in hush hush way then we'd be fine [emoji4].

We all see things that amuse ourselves what amuses me is the gross wages and wooing being done on players yet the facilities are terrible at Pollok and the pitch in the middle is sinking noticeably and you stand for feels like forever for something to eat and have to rush round back of the stand for a pish .Never mind the camp nou faithful don't care about that sort of stuff long as your winning eh.

See McCann announced at 5 ish, I posted that at lunchtime and was told me the eye watering deal [emoji4]

Stuart maccan Petershill to Pollok

Nothing but Beith and Talbot definitely took and impact from the Scottish and only the Glens face that this year. I just have the feeling that there will be a big gap between top 4/5 and the rest so I don't expect as many upsets. You usually need 50 to be confident of winning.

Working to a well thought out plan with some very targeted moves by a very experienced and successful management team. Personally excited to see what develops over the preseason :thumsup2 said it before, gonna be a great league this year!

No offence but your no really talking like a fan coming out with that. You the Talbot chairman now [emoji3]

Archived