West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, JackD1908 said:

7. Arthurlie signed a lot more.

7 so far didn't think you need much of a makeover from last few seasons, you were building a good team. Some great signings so far but for me i think so many new faces will set you back.

Another 2 signings for pollok,  time to rename this thread I think. How many is that now lol.

No real transfer policy just going from one extreme to another small squad didn't work so will go for a bloated one (eventually it will be give it time) on big wages in the hope that works.

Akin to running round a supermarket with a trolley throwing anything and everything into the trolley that looks good in a blind panic.

Stuart McCann next to be brought in from Petershill.

20 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

7 so far didn't think you need much of a makeover from last few seasons, you were building a good team. Some great signings so far but for me i think so many new faces will set you back.

42 minutes ago, JackD1908 said:

7. Arthurlie signed a lot more.

signed 15 new players (which 2 played for the club before) and retain another 4 from last season squad 

No real transfer policy just going from one extreme to another small squad didn't work so will go for a bloated one on big wages in the hope that works.

Akin to running round a supermarket with a trolley throwing anything and everything into the trolley that looks good in a blind panic.

Stuart McCann next to be brought in from Petershill.

Hardly a bloated squad . Is that not 18 now ?

No question of a bloated squad-just a squad needing a fairly significant overhaul and that is what Tony has done.The fans can't criticise his or the clubs efforts in this respect in any way.The proof will of course be in what happens on the park when the real season begins but after last season all Lok fans knew a really big review of the squad was needed to compete well as this league is getting tougher by the season.

Fair play to pollok making some very good signings early doors, real statement of Intent. Got to hand it to management etc who are able to dedicate so much time and effort into the off season when it's only supposed to be a part time commitment. 

Archived