West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

Rob roy didn't beat any of the other 3 challengers when it mattered

And still finished second our best players available I genuinely think we would have won it but the league doesn't lie circumstances and bad luck let us down the game against Bonnyrigg in Scottish was the worst I saw us play it was pathetic and not the team of early season yes our arse collapsed at run in but it happens it's in past it was our best chance to get a league title didn't happen but we go again

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And still finished second our best players available I genuinely think we would have won it but the league doesn't lie circumstances and bad luck let us down the game against Bonnyrigg was the worst I saw us play it was pathetic and not the team of early season yes our arse collapsed at run in but it happens it's in past it was our best chance to get a league title didn't happen but we go again

You were poor against beith especially at home

You were poor against beith especially at home

Totally agree seemed to have an Indian sign over us came up short and that's a fact hopefully lesson learnt but going to be a great season again getting tighter and tighter every season good luck to everybody [emoji106]

Totally agree seemed to have an Indian sign over us came up short and that's a fact hopefully lesson learnt but going to be a great season again getting tighter and tighter every season good luck to everybody [emoji106]

A lot of beith fans were disappointed that Rob roy had a great chance of winning the league and put up such a poor performance at bellsdale even when we went down to 10 men

A lot of beith fans were disappointed that Rob roy had a great chance of winning the league and put up such a poor performance at bellsdale even when we went down to 10 men

Personally thought we merited a point that day these results all come into it at end of season make an arse of certain games it comes back to bite u on the bum still very proud of what the Roy achieved it wasn't to be and best team won league and cup double

6 hours ago, Shanner said:

Glens were comfortable in the end, and that was with a run to the Scottish Cup final to factor in - something that Beith certainly didn't have to worry about. 

Good post until the highlighted part as no need for it, Shock horror Talbot fan can't post without being an rrogant cxxt. Glad you got hosed in the final as Talbot were easily the worst team to watch in West prem last season hence why everyone's jumping ship. My prediction is you,ll be cannon fodder for the better teams next season.

Roy would have won league if big willie and kev never picked up injuries and took their family holidays out with the season we lost both players for long spells during season and yes I know that's football and could happen to all teams but that's my belief and I'm sticking with it but to be fair glenafton were exceptional last season but let's see what a new season brings

Rob Roy never won the league as they couldn't win a game when it mattered. 6 games to play, 5 in a row without a win. Sawyers was playing at that time.

Rob roy didn't beat any of the other 3 challengers when it mattered

But won more games against the rest of other 8 teams. Losing the highest scoring strike force for good parts of the season didn't help us.
Every team can argue a decent case like Rob Roy but you know what doesn't matter a jot as glens won it in the end.

But won more games against the rest of other 8 teams. Losing the highest scoring strike force for good parts of the season didn't help us.
Every team can argue a decent case like Rob Roy but you know what doesn't matter a jot as glens won it in the end.

No wins in 5 v the other 3 challengers when it mattered is the biggest reason the league was lost but that was last season onwards to a.new season and a new strike force for the mighty

A league isn't won against one two or three teams at the top. It's won playing and scoring goals in every game against every team. We did brilliant last season but fell short only just, not having the top scoring partnership together in the league for most the last few games and even mid season cost us that's why our manager played defensive in the game against Beith, a game everyone on our bus was delighted with a point in and went home happy as it kept us in the title race.

Nobody from Rob Roy could give a flying f**k if we came and set up a certain way missing 7 players not just one of our strikers. It's no boys club football where you get praise for having a go ffs.

A league isn't won against one two or three teams at the top. It's won playing and scoring goals in every game against every team. We did brilliant last season but fell short only just, not having the top scoring partnership together in the league for most the last few games and even mid season cost us that's why our manager played defensive in the game against Beith, a game everyone on our bus was delighted with a point in and went home happy as it kept us in the title race.
Nobody from Rob Roy could give a flying f**k if we came and set up a certain way missing 7 players not just one of our strikers. It's no boys club football where you get praise for having a go ffs.

Ffs mate this a forum , everyone has an opinion , an wether u think its right or wrong its still an opinion , ano u think your defending your team is the right thing to do but u don't need to fly off the handle everytime someone disagrees with u ?

Ffs mate this a forum , everyone has an opinion , an wether u think its right or wrong its still an opinion , ano u think your defending your team is the right thing to do but u don't need to fly off the handle everytime someone disagrees with u ?

He loves a meltdown. Can't handle it.

Review of last season thread for this pish. 

This thread would be half the size if folk could remotely keep to the topic. 

That said the banter is quality  - right out the top drawer ...

The boy Meikle from Glenafton and Josh Watt from Cumnock training with Kilbirnie, don,t know about signing yet, good players?

Josh watt did well for us 2 seasons ago and if my memory is correct scored a cracker of a free kick against kilbirne in the Ayrshire cup that year. Was signed by Queen's Park at the end of last season but things didn't work out there and was shipped back out on loan to us roundabout xmas time. Unfortunately josh looked a shadow of the player of the previous season when he returned but if he can recapture his form I'm sure he will be a good signing for yous.

1 hour ago, stumpy said:

Glenafton weren't necessarily the best team but they over the season were the most consistent... 

The best team always wins the league Glenafton were the best team fact don't know how anyone can say different, if that had been your team you wouldn't be saying that, be gracious in defeat we weren't good enough at the end of the day.

Archived