West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

Shock, horror
Football club spends money!!!!!
Who cares , pollock are spending big bucks good luck to them, only pollock committee will know if it's sustainable no one else, management will be under pressure to produce the goods, but they have built up a good squad and could be an exciting season ahead for pollock fans.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The abuse RnB is taking here is somewhat ott imo
Having read & known the Rabs story over the last few years but not knowing all facts
Rab's still own their ground at Adamslie as far as I'm aware . They sold a shitload of ground which included a car park & the old social club land . That then got spunked by Jimmy Lindsay( al come back to him in a minute) . & then they decided to apply for ground the other end of Kirkie . The last 3 years has been spent on 1 council f**k up to another & now they have permission for a new ground & said council need to reimburse the club .
Now to Jimmy . He spunked a shitload at Rab's disappeared to Malta for a bit then tried to find a club to sink his claws into . Thankfully he made a total arse of his interview at us & unfortunately he ended up at Arthurlie apparently as Chris Mackies no 2 .
Unfortunately for Lie fans Jimmy is now calling the shots & we've seen over the last few weeks what's went on . I may be wrong & Lie do great this season but I'm betting right now they are in the bottom 4 along with us Bankies & Girvan

It's not out of order, the guy is an opinionated arsehole who eventually self combusts then creates new accounts thinking we're all zipped up the back. I believe there would be a lot less hostility towards RR if it weren't for this clown and the pish he spouts!

It's not out of order, the guy is an opinionated arsehole who eventually self combusts then creates new accounts thinking we're all zipped up the back. I believe there would be a lot less hostility towards RR if it weren't for this clown and the pish he spouts!

I believe he either deleted his account or got barred . A bit like yourself bud .
Think because he professes to know a lot about your club clouds a lot of folks judgements of him .
I've had the same kind of abuse on here myself from time to time & I've dealt with it accordingly but the abuse directed at RnB , or whatever guise he was in the past is well ott.
Everyone here is entitled to their opinion & if others disagree fair enough but the abuse is way out of order .

I believe he either deleted his account or got barred . A bit like yourself bud .
Think because he professes to know a lot about your club clouds a lot of folks judgements of him .
I've had the same kind of abuse on here myself from time to time & I've dealt with it accordingly but the abuse directed at RnB , or whatever guise he was in the past is well ott.
Everyone here is entitled to their opinion & if others disagree fair enough but the abuse is way out of order .

Fair point and yeah we're all of a certain age it shouldn't degenerate into what it does. Folk should see him for what he is, a windup merchant, ignore his attention seeking posts and leave it that. To finish this off, I saw RRG reply to a RednBlack post at some point last year, that tells me something isn't quite all there tbh.

All accounted for, we have people that know what they are doing. Again, that's rich coming from a supporter of a club who's clearly suffered some financial mismanagement and has spent more in transfer fees than we have, while going to the local paper saying they may not survive.

Nothing to do with financial mismanagement. It's to do with having run out of options of places to play in the town if this is not passed and looking for locals to get behind it .You do that by going to the local paper .trust me if we suffered total financial mismanagement we wouldn't have survived as long as we have.  

Your like an old firm fan, making out you pay the same as hearts. Aberdeen, hibs when you get three or four times the crowds as everyone else in the league, add to that all the spin offs and you are talking tens of thousands of pounds a season better off for a start.

You were doubling the wage for someone we had and he will just be a squad player. Players coaches etc guys that are straight up have said what's on offer at Pollok and it's the same as its been for the last thirty years at Pollok big wages etc.

You can pretend and come out with this and that to try take the pressure off the management but the bulk of your fans won't be quite as forgiving if you don't win multiple trophies and you know it. Even your management will know what's expected they will demand it of the players it's what happens when you pay well for guys with good ability and reputation.

Having read & known the Rabs story over the last few years but not knowing all facts

Rab's still own their ground at Adamslie as far as I'm aware . They sold a shitload of ground which included a car park & the old social club land . That then got spunked by Jimmy Lindsay( al come back to him in a minute) . & then they decided to apply for ground the other end of Kirkie . The last 3 years has been spent on 1 council f**k up to another & now they have permission for a new ground & said council need to reimburse the club .

Now to Jimmy . He spunked a shitload at Rab's disappeared to Malta for a bit then tried to find a club to sink his claws into . Thankfully he made a total arse of his interview at us & unfortunately he ended up at Arthurlie apparently as Chris Mackies no 2 .

Unfortunately for Lie fans Jimmy is now calling the shots & we've seen over the last few weeks what's went on . I may be wrong & Lie do great this season but I'm betting right now they are in the bottom 4 along with us Bankies & Girvan

The council haven't given us permission yet for the full development. We have two phases phase one with our ground money and second phase with lots of add on facilities which will take the project to a different level funded by council and or sport Scotland , national lottery. We need to wait till August or September to see what council allow us to do. Council don't need to reimburse us for anything.

As for predictions Pollok and Beith and glens look strongest so far and Talbot probably won't be far away .Rest could finish anywhere but happy with the my own teams squad.

I've defended Rabs here & now it's Loks turn . Signed Forde from us & obviously everyone has heard about the deal re development fee etc . Adam was on £150 a week at us last season & to ensure we made sure we qualified for it we had to offer the same deal. Pollok offered more & Adam agreed to sign for them & all at the club wished him well. Both clubs now have to agree on a fee for him . But the wage Adam is now getting isn't much more than he was getting at Ladeside I can guarantee that

44 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

I`m guessing you don`t see the irony in what you`ve just posted about spunking money after your earlier post about the financial (mis)management at your own club.......

I`m guessing you don`t see the irony in what you`ve just posted about spunking money after your earlier post about the financial (mis)management at your own club.......

I think I covered my own clubs spending policy in nearly all its entirety sir
If you feel to add anymore to it in your more educated eye than myself then knock yourself out my good man

2 hours ago, ace#1 said:

Neither r the ford Mr Hamiltons generosity and money gets spent on the park

Did Hamilton not give the money meant for Killie to the club ? 

No way though can Hurlford be classed same as Buffs or Medda when it came to buying success. Those clubs were binning players after 1 bad match cause they could afford to bring in even better. Hurlford have brought in guys like Keane , Taz etc and built a very good foundation without having to spend mega cash every season. Think they have done very well and have an excellent manager. Getting the drainage done will help the cause massively.

23 minutes ago, IrvineVicsMan said:

Irvine Vics have just announced the signing of a lad called George Scott but haven't provided any details of where from or anything about the player? Anybody any idea on who this lad is?

George Scott is a young goalkeeper 19/20 who played for the Vics as a trialist towards the end of the season. He is an Irvine lad who previously played with Muirkirk.

Shock, horror
Football club spends money!!!!!
Who cares , pollock are spending big bucks good luck to them, only pollock committee will know if it's sustainable no one else, management will be under pressure to produce the goods, but they have built up a good squad and could be an exciting season ahead for pollock fans.

Bang on
Pollok are the biggest supported club in the West region so technically should be spending more money than the rest of us
When they were flying in the top league '& getting to cup finals Bankies probably had as just a good as a fan base as Pollok did .
I know for a fact they were the lowest spenders wage wise in the seasons they were challenging for honours
I will say though if Lok don't win either the league or the Scottish this season then it's a failure.
West or Central cup won't cut it

9 hours ago, superpollok said:

Not sure if he is still at Forth. Roddy Hunter and him I believe are pals (both been at various clubs together) and I think an old coach of theirs was at Forth, hence them both joining. But I don't think they lasted long as when I looked at the Forth thread on here very rarely either was mentioned, so assumed both were away.

Taz had 13 games and Roddy had 16 + 5 subs for Forth

I know this was directed to another Ladeside fan but felt I had to put my two bobs worth in as well
Under the stewardship of formerly Swift & Crilly then latterly Swift who may I add only took expenses from the club with no wage paid at any time . Yes we paid a fair amount wages wise on players . Most of the money paid out was on players that both had played with in the past at Meadow & Pollok . Names like Barr , Diack , Dillon , Mcgowan etc came in got a big wage but didn't do very much . We also got Stranraers all time record scorer in Michael Moore at a hefty wage as well with little return
Swift in his lonesome did manage to bring in a few good signings in Miller, Mcaleer & Forde along with Davy Anderson returning . But Davy apart at some cost to the club . Our wages the last 2 seasons were the highest ever in our history . Unbeknown to us Fordes wage was getting paid by a sponsor friend of Swifts so when he resigned the club had little option but to honour Adams contract & Adam paid us back in kind by scoring the goals that kept us up last season.
We then had Mark Bradley coming to the club on a hefty budget for not just himself but his backroom team . So much that a band of fans including myself had to chip in just to ensure they came to the club
They in fairness kept the club in the premier & we thank them for this but we lost a fair few players like Staunton , McElroy et al & only nicked safety in our final game
He then jumps ship at the 1st Chance
So to sum it up .
No we've never had a money man at the club unfortunately but a unbelievably hard working committee & support who go above & beyond on a all to regular basis
I only wish we did have a money man

Where's McElroy away 2?

Mon the papers

Archived