West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Mark burbridge clydebank winger. Meant to be training with Clyde. Decent player for senior level.....??!

Clydebank's best player every time I've seen him play.

17 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Mark burbridge clydebank winger. Meant to be training with Clyde. Decent player for senior level.....??!

I rate him, caused us problems everytime we have faced them in recent years.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Sorry mate but i dont share your enthusiasm at this stage,we have lost 3 exceptional players and for the exception of pettigrew the one's signed are no where near the calibre of whats been lost.Add that to how the remainder of squad performed last year doesn't fill me with confidence.I dont think we had enough last year to get over the line.......yes compete but not the quality to win, which was proved in both scottish and league. it now looks as if we are in transition and an era has ended which makes this an important issue in signing the correct players,no experiments with young guys but with good experianced players that know the score.If tucker fails in his recruitment which in my opinion needs anothr 5-6 players,then talbot are in danger of loseing that invincible tag alongside fortress beechwood,teams will come to relish playing on a fine surface believing they can come to auchinleck and win.I really hope tucker gets it done and in no way suggesting he goes,but remember a man called Willie Knox.

How can you say the boys coming in are not of the calibre of the ones leaving have you watched the incomers regularly enough to form this opinion, give the boys a chance we hadnt heard of the boys who are leaving until they joined us were you of the same opinion of them back then,,, the players who have left are history lets just get behind the boys that want to be here.

24 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Deasy (Ryan Deas) to replace him from Arthurlie. Surprised it's took him this long to play for his home town club.

1 hour ago, Quantum Leap said:

How do you know the calibre of the players coming in? Have you seen them play?

Did you see Butch or McGoldrick play before they came to Talbot?

I've heard that the boy Glasgow is a very good player and signing and that's from someone who has saw him play on a few occasions, the same has been said of Weir.

I'm beginning to think you are just a doom and gloom merchant.

Is Sean McIlroy signing for next season

1 hour ago, Quantum Leap said:

How do you know the calibre of the players coming in? Have you seen them play?

Did you see Butch or McGoldrick play before they came to Talbot?

I've heard that the boy Glasgow is a very good player and signing and that's from someone who has saw him play on a few occasions, the same has been said of Weir.

I'm beginning to think you are just a doom and gloom merchant.

If you had watched near enough every home and away match last season you might understand the context of my post,i challenge any fellow talbot supporter to come and post here that they enjoyed watching the performances last season and how many times they left beechwood happy.Pettigrew is a good signing,Faulds was ok,decent engine without the finesse and Mcilroy a decent striker but will he give 20 goals plus,remember i said "at this stage" its probable that tucker will have more signing's to come,it just seems to be every other top teams are picking up good players that are available now,Sureley talbot with all their history should be able to attract the top players in junior football,not loose them.Usually players leave talbot because they cant force themselves into the team,how often has an established player left talbot seeking a 'new challenge'.Time will tell but a repeat of 26 league goals from an entire league campaign is evidence enough that the squad at talbot is lacking and in my opinion the additions made to date will not regain the title.Doom and gloom is when you've been spanked several times from Beith,Kilbirnie,kilwinning,Glenafton,Cumnock etc. Am i supposed to be rejoicing Mr Quantum at these events........you see there in lies the problem that you never sat through the abject performancies last season and if a few proven players don't roll up to beechwood soon,then another long season awaits.

If you had watched near enough every home and away match last season you might understand the context of my post,i challenge any fellow talbot supporter to come and post here that they enjoyed watching the performances last season and how many times they left beechwood happy.Pettigrew is a good signing,Faulds was ok,decent engine without the finesse and Mcilroy a decent striker but will he give 20 goals plus,remember i said "at this stage" its probable that tucker will have more signing's to come,it just seems to be every other top teams are picking up good players that are available now,Sureley talbot with all their history should be able to attract the top players in junior football,not loose them.Usually players leave talbot because they cant force themselves into the team,how often has an established player left talbot seeking a 'new challenge'.Time will tell but a repeat of 26 league goals from an entire league campaign is evidence enough that the squad at talbot is lacking and in my opinion the additions made to date will not regain the title.Doom and gloom is when you've been spanked several times from Beith,Kilbirnie,kilwinning,Glenafton,Cumnock etc. Am i supposed to be rejoicing Mr Quantum at these events........you see there in lies the problem that you never sat through the abject performancies last season and if a few proven players don't roll up to beechwood soon,then another long season awaits.

Who have we lost that scored 20 goals last season?

People don't realise the team who won the most games in the West Region last season was Talbot.

As for the players who left McGoldrick will be a big miss, best centre back in the league IMO but has been replaced by Pettigrew who i think is better.

If we are being honest Bryan Young was poor last season and I thought to myself it was time to let him go as he has been on the decline the last couple of seasons.

As for Milky I will be kind and say he divided the Talbot support. His 8 goals last season for a Talbot striker is woeful and will easily be bettered by however comes in.

Lets wait and see who is signed before making judgements.

Wee bubba was magic his 1st season winning every poty award going last season started and ended well but use r getting a tricky and direct winger. If use don't sign him we'll take him back [emoji6]

Mon the papers

Archived