West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Urris67 said:

Best signing so far!

Tight confines of newlandsfield these wide players may struggle a bit , didn't play many games at all last season did he and didn't score at all good player on his day though especially at junior level. Another big junior wage though christ my mate whos a season ticket holder never told me a money tree had grew at newlandfield :lol:

Still expect pollok to win the league maybe the double . Good challenge for the rest of us to give them something to think about.

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

We need a comprehensive "ins and outs by club" thread, he hinted. 

I agree, why don't you start one ? This is a speculation thread, we probably need one for the completed deals.

Not sure about Brash, but we have signed Paul Byrne from Hurlford. What's your thoughts on him?

Paul was our POTY in our junior cup winning season and pretty much an ever present that season. Since then he has been pretty much on the bench. I don't know why.

He's a great lad with a super team ethic and (from what I'm told) rarely misses training. I agree it will be tough for him to oust Sideserf, who is a top defender, but he can also play left midfield. Like Cheesy (Brash) and Sideserf he is predominately left footed. IMO a welcome addition to any squad.

I rate PB highly although a couple of years without playing first team football won't have helped him.

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Agree Dave, quality left back 

Dave?  Freddie mate.

I didn't watch the Ford last season but was very surprised the previous year and last to hear that he wasn't playing as much.  May have been too much of a football player for Darren who I think maybe wants his players to defend first and attack second.

Dave?  Freddie mate.
I didn't watch the Ford last season but was very surprised the previous year and last to hear that he wasn't playing as much.  May have been too much of a football player for Darren who I think maybe wants his players to defend first and attack second.

Should never have been dropped. McKillen has done a good job a left back but is nowhere near the player PB is

Archived