West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Not been following the ins and outs that closely but have Pollok shored up the defence yet? 

They scored quite a few goals last season so you'd think their problems are at the back rather than up front (although a player like Young would improve any team). 

Could see them making a push for the league if they become harder to score against.

It was inconsistency last season more than anything.The loss of Frye being the biggest factor. We scored a lot of goals in the league but they came against the same teams in some big wins. 8 overalll against Arthurlie, 8 v Largs, 5 goals v Cumnock. That's more than half our goals against 3 teams.

We only lost 3 league games by more than a goal. It was so frustrating as we were so close to getting it right. Wee changes were needed all over the park, which the manager has delivered on so far. The big rumour going about for months has been Buchanan from Rob Roy which would be a good addditon in defence, if that happens then I'd be happy with the back line.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

No much happening so far signing wise apart from at Pollok who have made a good signing or 2.

Also RNB every page has you whinning aboot teams paying big bucks, if they have the money then they can pay what they want. Pollok are the best supported team in junior football so expect them to have more wonga its very simple.

Agree with you about the money thing. It's down to clubs to generate as much cash as possible to re-invest in the side, and it's certainly what the fans want to see. 

Admittedly it's a bit demoralising for the less affluent sides but such is life. 

It was inconsistency last season more than anything.The loss of Frye being the biggest factor. We scored a lot of goals in the league but they came against the same teams in some big wins. 8 overalll against Arthurlie, 8 v Largs, 5 goals v Cumnock. That's more than half our goals against 3 teams. We only lost 3 league games by more than a goal. It was so frustrating as we were so close to getting it right. Wee changes were needed all over the park, which the manager has delivered on so far. The big rumour going about for months has been Buchanan from Rob Roy which would be a good addditon in defence, if that happens then I'd be happy with the back line. 

Buchanan won't be a starter regular imo . We had two better centre backs than him. We did get best out him though and he did fairly well for us. As i said he can't turn down near double his wages though to be fair he is also a local lad as i understand so you also have to factor that in also not just money.  

Interesting how you can say you weren't far away from getting it right, what does 'right ' mean?? .

8 th in a 12 team league, come on get real and stop the spin.

Yous had the sixth best defence.
But second highest scorers
I thought basing on three games we played you were one of worst sides to watch out of any team we played last season. That should change next what with money spent if not heads with without a doubt roll.

You need to get out of that burger van once in a while Brian....all you talk about is rolls.....[emoji488]

38 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Buchanan won't be a starter regular imo . We had two better centre backs than him. We did get best out him though and he did fairly well for us. As i said he can't turn down near double his wages though to be fair he is also a local lad as i understand so you also have to factor that in also not just money.  

Interesting how you can say you weren't far away from getting it right, what does 'right ' mean?? .

8 th in a 12 team league, come on get real and stop the spin.

Did your season not crash and burn when Buchanan got injured and Boyle came in? Compared to the theatrics from one of your CBs and serious foul play from the other if we were getting one from Rob Roy then we certainly got the right one :) 

Did your season not crash and burn when Buchanan got injured and Boyle came in? Compared to the theatrics from one of your CBs and serious foul play from the other if we were getting one from Rob Roy then we certainly got the right one [emoji4] 

So our season 'crashed and burned ' yet we still finished second. God knows what phrase you would use to describe the ridiculously bad away form of your own team 2 wins out of 11 away for example if you think in our last 14 games without him our record was won 5, drew 4 lost 5. Average form certainly not crashing and burning.
Our last 14 games we conceded 11 goals a very good record with numerous clean sheets in those games. We were even more solid with Boyle alongside Green. Where it went wrong was our goals dried up so nothing to do with Buchanan. He's a decent player but lot better about simple as that.

Aaron Connolly
Eddie McTernan
Rhys Devlin
Ryan Carnwath

All new signings at Meadow. Anyone any info on them?

Eddie has bags of energy and can have an eye for goal. Can play wide in a top 3 or as a central striker in a front 2.

Rhys was a tough tackling midfielder for us before leaving for Fauldhouse. Robert Downs preferred him at right back but for me he was better playing the holding role.

1 hour ago, JackD1908 said:

Pollok have signed Stefan McCluskey from Alloa.

You boys are on mission, personally thought you were only 2 or 3 replacements needed as not far away. Getting too many in may upset the flow of the team.

22 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Eddie has bags of energy and can have an eye for goal. Can play wide in a top 3 or as a central striker in a front 2.

Rhys was a tough tackling midfielder for us before leaving for Fauldhouse. Robert Downs preferred him at right back but for me he was better playing the holding role.

Ryan Carnwath ex-hearts youth player. Excellent right sided player.

Archived