West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

All these signings have been well known for a while. Scary wages but that's football at all levels money gets chucked about.
Pollok must be early favorites for the league.

Doubt they'll be favourites, they've signed 2 average players from hurlford and 2 players from lower league teams. Another mid table season for pollok I reckon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

Think on McDuff :P lucky if they finish top half  :rolleyes:

Galacticos tag has already been tagged on social media. Any grade of football if you sign one of top ten players in the world , or one of top ten players in scottish senior football or one of one of top ten players in junior football you are paying big big bucks ( in context of that level ) don't let anyone kid on about that it. Nothing wrong with that as such but pressure will be massive next season as most will expect them to win the league or scottish or both !

Buchanan alone a mid level signing for them got offered nearly double what he was on at us !

15 minutes ago, JackD1908 said:

Surely the Glens are favourites?

No way glens lost a main player already , second season syndrome also may come into play as it may well come into play with us ( hope not ) they also have senior scottish cup. Bookies won't get it wrong watch this space.

Just now, rednblack said:

No way glens lost a main player already , second season syndrome also may come into play as it may well come into play with us ( hope not ) they also have senior scottish cup. Bookies won't get it wrong watch this space.

It'll be a challenge but they have a team, maybe minus a player or two, who won both big tournaments last season. I'm sure they will add one or two more. 

Last years top two were nowhere near the favourites, and if the league reconstruction goes through it'll be a very open and close league. 

8 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Terrible bait you're using.emoji1.png

First post and you're straight in with that.

Hello Hertha.emoji1.png

If your going to start may as well go all out 

not bait just truth, when you talk about Talbot over the last few years he's the name that comes up dug the Talbot out of a lot of games will be a big loss not just ability but morale wise as well great character

Don't get the hostility lads?

also unsure of the Hertha reference?

Personally I think the club should have gave a better statement about him than the 4in 3out. Look it's only an opinion agree or disagree that's the wonderful thing about a forum

sounds like a few guys worries about their season next year and their taking it out on a noob

Don't get the hostility lads?
also unsure of the Hertha reference?
Personally I think the club should have gave a better statement about him than the 4in 3out. Look it's only an opinion agree or disagree that's the wonderful thing about a forum
sounds like a few guys worries about their season next year and their taking it out on a noob

Bryan Young was a fantastic player for Auchinleck Talbot. What did the club do for him? They selected a fantastic testimonial committee who worked tirelessly to provide various shows and a match against Kilmarnock. That's how we recognise our legends, he also has received countless good luck messages and who knows what he has in private from the club. He has left our club with best wishes. Auchinleck Talbot have moved on on many occasions from losing good players and we will do again.

18 minutes ago, southerner said:

Bryan Young was a fantastic player for Auchinleck Talbot. What did the club do for him? They selected a fantastic testimonial committee who worked tirelessly to provide various shows and a match against Kilmarnock. That's how we recognise our legends, he also has received countless good luck messages and who knows what he has in private from the club. He has left our club with best wishes. Auchinleck Talbot have moved on on many occasions from losing good players and we will do again.

Southerner, the club didn't just do that out the kindness of their hearts the lad gave over 10 years to the club, I'm sure the fans have paid their respects and I'm sure they were the reason he stayed so long and I don't dispute that, there's no shame in a club making a personal statement about a player that has given so much, I once again (my opinion) feel they could have done more possibly a reason for him moving on?

At least you have a great pitch regardless of the players

PS did the club get anything from all that tireless effort.

Not been following the ins and outs that closely but have Pollok shored up the defence yet? 

They scored quite a few goals last season so you'd think their problems are at the back rather than up front (although a player like Young would improve any team). 

Could see them making a push for the league if they become harder to score against.

42 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Not been following the ins and outs that closely but have Pollok shored up the defence yet? 

They scored quite a few goals last season so you'd think their problems are at the back rather than up front (although a player like Young would improve any team). 

Could see them making a push for the league if they become harder to score against.

Shanner

rumour has it McGoldrick (Talbot) could be on his way there as well.

His big ears would make it hard for anyone to score

No much happening so far signing wise apart from at Pollok who have made a good signing or 2.

Also RNB every page has you whinning aboot teams paying big bucks, if they have the money then they can pay what they want. Pollok are the best supported team in junior football so expect them to have more wonga its very simple.

Our problem wasn't the defence as I think we were one of the lowest conceding teams in the league and the back line of Longmuir-Sideserf-Gallagher-Evans and McCabe was pretty tight.

The midfield suffered with the loss of Rowan but McAleenan and Williamson had poor seasons.Up front we just didn't score enough goals-McKenzie is not a goal scorer,the Winters are getting past it and Daly/Heppy don't play regularly enough.Gary McCann had a good season but there is better to come from him.

Yous had the sixth best defence.

But second highest scorers

I thought basing on three games we played you were one of worst sides to watch out of any team we played last season. That should change next what with money spent if not heads with without a doubt roll.

Pollok were 2nd top scorers in the division but only had a +8 goal difference. They lost nearly twice as many goals as Talbot. 

Hard to conclude that the attack is top priority or the defence is fine from that, although I appreciate you can't really see the full picture from stats alone. 

Archived