West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

1 minute ago, fan of the juniors said:

To start a discussion on the development fee , how it works etc . Know very little about it & since it's part of a transfers I thought it would be an interesting sideline on the discussion rather than the usual nonsense

I hear Kilbirnie offered a huge sum as a transfer fee for a forward currently playing in West prem. Never knew you had that sort of wonga

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Why r use due a development fee didn't he just sign last season? Been on loan previous tho

Mon the papers

Is the development fee not to do with the players age? Pretty sure if they are under 24 you can demand a development fee regardless of how long they have been there.

To start a discussion on the development fee , how it works etc . Know very little about it & since it's part of a transfers I thought it would be an interesting sideline on the discussion rather than the usual nonsense

My understanding was if the clubs had different values it would be sorted by a tribunal once a club had signed them. Kilbirnie are quite right to ask for whatever they want but they might not get it especially since he has only been there 2/3 years. Pollok are at the risk because if they sign him they might end up on the wrong end of the tribunal decision.

2 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Not going to put exact figures on a public forum but I will say that it's 4 to 5 times more than I thought it would be

I was shocked when I heard the figure being banded about too. However I heard the money you are looking for is to recoup what you paid, so not sure if tha true. 

Personally IF the figures being talked about are true, probably not worth a risk, as what usually happens after that is an injury or some other reason which results in not playing. 

But would like to see him at pollok, but not at all cost.

9 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

When did he play for us? Cant remember him in the slightest??

A few years ago, he was on Clydebank's books but I don't think he got much action. Round about the same time as you had Del McNab with you.

I wouldn't be over excited about that one average at best nowhere near as good as sidserf imo

Everyone in the juniors knows that PB is a topper. Great player in a 352or in a 4321 - the modern attacking full back if a team plays with two holding midfielders. Can smash crosses in all day long. Various issues would have impacted his playing time the past year. He is a Motherwell boy so I'm sure the old Daziel boys at Pollok will get the best out of him. Pollok are shaping up well for a tilt at the league - tony seems to have more backing than he did last year.

6 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Topper really emoji23.png

It's last chance saloon, desperation, now or never.

Only so many years you can shape up well for a tilt at the title only to meekly fall away.

Sounds like rob Roy's end of season review.....I also heard the shite last pre season pollok were going to be the team to beat I tipped to be relegated and got slaughtered was nearly correct and they will implode after 2/3 months after a shite start and the manager gets the bullet after spanking a gazillion dollars on his dream,  team.

I rarely respond to this pish and have no allegiance with Pollok.

However I will point out Kenny that Beith won sweet fanny adams for all the early promise. Pollok won the second biggest pot in the West. If people want to revel in being 2nd and 3rd in the league then so be it. There is no medal for that shite in any players cabinet.

4 minutes ago, manintheknow said:

I rarely respond to this pish and have no allegiance with Pollok.

However I will point out Kenny that Beith won sweet fanny adams for all the early promise. Pollok won the second biggest pot in the West. If people want to revel in being 2nd and 3rd in the league then so be it. There is no medal for that shite in any players cabinet.

I,m not reveling in anything apart from the were gonna win the league musical we all endured last pre season.

Archived