West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

Im surprised at Carroll and Leyden but not Smith or McTernan.  Ive heard we have signed a striker from Thorniewood.  Seemingly the manager has said most of his pool aren't good enough.  I think we are about to see if the Arthurlie job is too big for Mackie or not.  There are rumblings that some fans are not happy at certain players being shown the door at Dunterlie. 

Gary smiths goal ratio is 2nd to none in all of the divisions. I heard the boy Lennon or something from Thornliewood has signed. He's no where near the level of Gary smith. If Mackie is planning on raiding the central leagues I can't see Arthurlie progressing. Robert downs done it n Arthurlie didn't move forward. I'm not saying there isn't good players in they leagues but I just don't see them been better than what's already at club.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary smiths goal ratio is 2nd to none in all of the divisions. I heard the boy Lennon or something from Thornliewood has signed. He's no where near the level of Gary smith. If Mackie is planning on raiding the central leagues I can't see Arthurlie progressing. Robert downs done it n Arthurlie didn't move forward. I'm not saying there isn't good players in they leagues but I just don't see them been better than what's already at club.

There's plenty of good players in the district levels it's up to the managers 2 get the best out them. We signed vinny berry fae vale of leven in he's now playing for stenhousemuir.

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, king Henrik7 said:

Chris Lennon is at Cumbernauld United at the moment, he joined them from Thorniewood when Frame went there as manager, but the rumours are that he had already agreed to join Arthurlie next season before he signed for Cumbernauld.

Chris Lennon is at Cumbernauld United at the moment, he joined them from Thorniewood when Frame went there as manager, but the rumours are that he had already agreed to join Arthurlie next season before he signed for Cumbernauld.

My bad I thought he was still with Thornliewood

2 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

Im a fan of Gary Smith so dont take it the wrong way when i say im not surprised at him moving on.  The manager does not fancy him thats why he is moving.  He may well cherrypick lower leagues but he needs players he knows can do it at a higher level too . 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

He walked out on Cumbernauld a few weeks ago.

Chris Lennon, decent enough player at the level he's been playing at (central 1st/bottom half of super 1st) but I would be very surprised if he was good enough to make a positive impact in the Super Premier.

Chris Lennon, decent enough player at the level he's been playing at (central 1st/bottom half of super 1st) but I would be very surprised if he was good enough to make a positive impact in the Super Premier.

He's fond of the odd 'dive' now and again. Seems to play well, but not often enough...possibly his temperament holding him back

1 hour ago, ash said:

Decent isnt what we want to hear to be honest.  We are getting rid of Gary Carroll who has been superb for us. We need replacements that are, at the very least, as good as we are letting go. 

12 hours ago, Satori. said:

Decent isnt what we want to hear to be honest.  We are getting rid of Gary Carroll who has been superb for us. We need replacements that are, at the very least, as good as we are letting go. 

Sorry to say I think as a direct replacement your back a couple levels.

Absolutely delighted that jc Hutchinson has agreed to sign for fauldhouse next season. Jc is a goalkeeper I rate very highly he'll have a huge roll to play on and off the pitch his experience will be be massive around the place for us.

On 19/05/2017 at 14:18, AftonArmy1994 said:

As far as I am aware all of the current Glens (Super Afton, so as to save confusion on here) squad are signed up for next season, with some committed for the next 2 years!!  

Why would any move on even if we don't happen to see out the league & cup double?   For our club to go that close in a season when many had us tipped for relegation is already fantastic!  

But having said that, I'm confident in achieving the double.

You must have players who are not playing regularly and want to do so with another team.

Also the manager will see areas which need strengthened. 

Going by your logic Talbot wouldn't have released or signed anyone for 30 years now.

Carluke Rovers are delighted to have secured the services of top goalscorer Ian Watt for season 2017/18.

Chucky scored 35 goals in all competitions this season and we look forward to more of the same in the new season.

Beith have re-signed most of there players for next year but a couple of big players not signed as of yet we lost 2 of our cup final 11 mid season as they weren't playing so it's ok signing up all your players but if someone comes in and replaces them well glenafton cud have same problem we had this season

Archived