Saints vs Rangers

With nothing to lose and nothing to fear, we'll finally approach a game against Rangers in the correct manner. If we show them no respect, it will ultimately pay dividends. Home win.

In other news, I'm coming home. Couldn't possibly miss the culmination of such a wonderful league season.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played 5-3-2 for 60 minutes against rangers in the last meeting at McDiarmid. Might be an option Wright's considering with the midfield issues (though I hope not). Think it will be along the lines of...

Mannus
Foster Shaunassey Anderson Easton
Alston Millar Craig Coulston
MacLean Kane

33 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I wonder which stand local msp Murdo Fraser will sit in?

The herald done a poll last year and only one msp was a bear, I'm guessing that's who it is.

Just checking the weekends games for coupon purposes and noticed that a Rangers win will leave them on 67 points, which would be a fantastic tribute to the Lisbon Lions.

Think I'll put St Johnstone win or draw on this one.

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Just checking the weekends games for coupon purposes and noticed that a Rangers win will leave them on 67 points, which would be a fantastic tribute to the Lisbon Lions.

Don't.  Our season is officially over.

44 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Do: We haven't conceded a goal in 3 of our 4 post-split matches. We took a mauling at Celtic, but we have won those other 3.

That mauling at Celtic is the only top 6 post-split match we have lost in 3 seasons.  When it comes to the business end of the season, St Johnstone are money.

Don't: However.... we are without our best player and have a very weakened midfield. Though we often seem to continue to get results regardless of the personnel available so it doesn't necessarily rule us out, but it certainly makes our task a lot harder without Swanson.

I predict a 1-1 draw, but wouldn't be surprised at either side winning.

Hope this helps :1eye

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

^^^Sellick-minded IMO. 

For that reason alone I'm hoping for a draw.

23 hours ago, Ross. said:

Mon' ra' Sevco

On 19/05/2017 at 12:15, Ross. said:

I took them at 11/5, not sure what evidence the bookies have for putting Rangers as favourites at 6/5 for this one considering how pish they have been. 

On the face of it, options appear limited tomorrow but there are still a few things open to TW. He could use Foster in midfield for example, or switch to three at the back. On the final day of last season, despite the opportunity to win all five games, he gave a debut to Liam Gordon, so might do the same with Gilchrist tomorrow, although questionable whether he's up to 90 minutes?

Found Caixinha's comments about us surprising as it's just another opposition manager that he's offending. Is it mind games or just his way? If he's still at Rangers next summer, I'll be astounded.

37 minutes ago, Radford said:

Found Caixinha's comments about us surprising as it's just another opposition manager that he's offending. Is it mind games or just his way? If he's still at Rangers next summer, I'll be astounded.

I think his comments are being exaggerated a little bit but his behaviour does seem a little odd. I think he's going to be another spectacular flop there which will be hilarious for all to see. Hopefully his comments have fired up the St Johnston team anyway. 

Archived