South Park the Fractured But Whole

ajwffc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*possible spoilers, cant really be arsed using the tags since most of the following is pretty vague anyway unless you've played the game*

First five things about the game that are springing to mind;

i) Most of the super attacks are outstanding, but my favourites are Wendy's, Tweek and Craig's super attack (LETS FIGHTING LOVE) and Cartmans

ii) The Road to Canada having an 8-bit version of Blame Canada playing in the background, and the Canadian guy basically telling you to f**k off unless they release some DLC there or something :lol:

iii) Gay Fish and the Demon, in the style of Robot Unicorn Attack. Oh my word.

iv) Alternate Universe Kyle and Cartman blatantly cheating during certain battles 

v) red lego brick "the floor is now lava"

Very fun to play; they've also quite clearly put a lot of effort into making the battles more akin to the scripted, fun events which is a great way to do it. i.e. rather than going through dull, chore-like battles to get to the fun bits they've made the tone of the combat more in keeping with the fun to watch cut-scene parts, such as the bit with Spontaneous Bootay or the summon attacks you use.

Spoiler

also found out online that you can fight Morgan Freeman in the Taco Store by whacking him 3 times

Might break my usual rule of not paying for DLC if they price it reasonably enough.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

6 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

*possible spoilers, cant really be arsed using the tags since most of the following is pretty vague anyway unless you've played the game*

First five things about the game that are springing to mind;

i) Most of the super attacks are outstanding, but my favourites are Wendy's, Tweek and Craig's super attack (LETS FIGHTING LOVE) and Cartmans

ii) The Road to Canada having an 8-bit version of Blame Canada playing in the background, and the Canadian guy basically telling you to f**k off unless they release some DLC there or something :lol:

iii) Gay Fish and the Demon, in the style of Robot Unicorn Attack. Oh my word.

iv) Alternate Universe Kyle and Cartman blatantly cheating during certain battles 

v) red lego brick "the floor is now lava"

Very fun to play; they've also quite clearly put a lot of effort into making the battles more akin to the scripted, fun events which is a great way to do it. i.e. rather than going through dull, chore-like battles to get to the fun bits they've made the tone of the combat more in keeping with the fun to watch cut-scene parts, such as the bit with Spontaneous Bootay or the summon attacks you use.

Reveal hidden contents

also found out online that you can fight Morgan Freeman in the Taco Store by whacking him 3 times

Might break my usual rule of not paying for DLC if they price it reasonably enough.

Would agree with ii.  being one of the 2 DLC. 

The Taco store fight make sure you are 

a. high level

b. take Mysterion and let him die so he can confuse the enemy 

c. don't be black he won't fight a black main character(he will fight Tupperware if he is in your team)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Fractured but Whole after bettering through it in just under a week. Both this and stick of truth are a couple of my favourite games I've played in the last while despite not being that big a South Park fan!

Just finished Fractured but Whole after bettering through it in just under a week. Both this and stick of truth are a couple of my favourite games I've played in the last while despite not being that big a South Park fan!

I’ve not touched either game since I completed Fractured But Whole, I’m going to sit and play them both in my next week off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...