Eligible Scottish Players Moving Abroad 2017/2018

Afrojim

A list of Scottish Players leaving Scottish football to ply their trade outside of Scotland. There has been three confirmed transfers thus far, all of them moving to England, I'm sure there will be many more...

Transfers

Billy Gilmour – Rangers (Scottish Premiership) to Chelsea (English Premiership) £502,000

Theo Archibald – Celtic (Scottish Premiership) to Brentford (English Championship) Free Transfer

Peter Pawlett – Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership) to Milton Keynes Dons (English League One) Free Transfer

mk dons.jpg.gallery.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Declan McManus' loan deal with Raith Rovers has now officially ended. Updated list below...

Transfers

Billy Gilmour – Rangers (Scottish Premiership) to Chelsea (English Premiership) £502,000

Theo Archibald – Celtic (Scottish Premiership) to Brentford (English Championship) Free Transfer

Peter Pawlett – Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership) to Milton Keynes Dons (English League One) Free Transfer

Declan McManus - Raith Rovers (Scottish League One) to Fleetwood Town (English League One) End of Loan

4x3-mcmanus-home516-3199054_613x460.jpg

Transfers

Andrew Shinnie - Hibernian (Scottish Premiership) to Birmingham City (English Championship) End of Loan

Declan McManus - Raith Rovers (Scottish League One) to Fleetwood Town (English League One) End of Loan

andrews-shinnie-4x3101-3249889_613x460.jpg

Stevie Mallan just signed for Barnsley from St. Mirren for an undisclosed fee. 

Transfers

Stevie Mallan - St. Mirren (Scottish Championship) to Barnsley (English Championship) Undisclosed Fee

Andrew Shinnie - Hibernian (Scottish Premiership) to Birmingham City (English Championship) End of Loan

mallan.jpg

John Herron's loan at Dunfermline has ended and he's headed back to Blackpool. For the time being anyway.

Transfers

Jack McKay - Airdrieonians (Scottish League One) to Leeds United (English Championship) End of Loan

Stevie Mallan - St. Mirren (Scottish Championship) to Barnsley (English Championship) Undisclosed Fee

John Herron - Dunfermline Athletic (Scottish Championship) to Blackpool (English League Two) End of Loan

john herron.PNG

On 2017-5-20 at 10:11, Gordopolis said:

Jeezo this is a depressing thread

I'm sure it'll pick up once the transfer window properly opens, maybe started it a tad too early :)

On 2017-5-20 at 13:54, Tulloch Gorum said:

McKay was pretty hopeless.  I think he maybe started one or two games when other strikers were suspended and he scored one goal.  

Yeah, I'd heard he hadn't done much at Airdrie, he seems to be very highly rated at Leeds though. He was academy player of the year at Doncaster as well.

Transfers

Billy Gilmour - Rangers (Scottish Premiership) to Chelsea (English Premiership) £502,000

Jack McKay - Airdrieonians (Scottish League One) to Leeds United (English Championship) End of Loan

Theo Archibald - Celtic (Scottish Premiership) to Brentford (English Championship) Free Transfer

Peter Pawlett - Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership) to Milton Keynes Dons (English League One) Free Transfer

Jim O’Brien - Ross County (Scottish Premiership) to Shrewsbury Town (English League One) End of Loan

John Herron - Dunfermline Athletic (Scottish Championship) to Blackpool (English League Two) End of Loan

jim obrien.jpg

Transfers

Billy Gilmour - Rangers (Scottish Premiership) to Chelsea (English Premiership) £502,000

Luke Hendrie - Kilmarnock (Scottish Premiership) to Burnley (English Premiership) End of Loan

Josh Kerr - Celtic (Scottish Premiership) to Brighton & Hove Albion (English Premiership) Undisclosed Fee

Zak Jules - Motherwell (Scottish Premiership) to Reading (English Championship) End of Loan

Theo Archibald - Celtic (Scottish Premiership) to Brentford (English Championship) Free Transfer

Peter Pawlett - Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership) to Milton Keynes Dons (English League One) Free Transfer

Jim O’Brien - Ross County (Scottish Premiership) to Shrewsbury Town (English League One) End of Loan

Josh Kerr.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Darren Fletcher moves to Stoke City in 2 year deal.

Bit of a strange one as Pulis wanted him to stay and he was an ever-present this season. I'm guessing this is more to do about moving into coaching than actually playing, not that he won't be playing, as I think he will. Coaching wise, he's probably learned from Pulis, and now he wants to learn from a manager who plays slightly more expansive football.

20 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Darren Fletcher moves to Stoke City in 2 year deal.

Bit of a strange one as Pulis wanted him to stay and he was an ever-present this season. I'm guessing this is more to do about moving into coaching than actually playing, not that he won't be playing, as I think he will. Coaching wise, he's probably learned from Pulis, and now he wants to learn from a manager who plays slightly more expansive football.

Totally missed this one - was it even on the BBC Scotland Sport page? Doesn't really change anything for him or the national team.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Totally missed this one - was it even on the BBC Scotland Sport page? Doesn't really change anything for him or the national team.

I don't think it was, no.

When I look at the lad I keep thinking "what might've been", as he was heading towards world class status, and then the illness kicked in. It's a shame, as at one point he was dominating matches for Manchester United.

When I look at the lad I keep thinking "what might've been", as he was heading towards world class status, and then the illness kicked in. It's a shame, as at one point he was dominating matches for Manchester United.

Yeah, I think he was close to Lambert-esque levels, and could have surpassed him by quite a bit had illness not struck. Still a really solid pro with a cracking attitude and a cut above a lot of the guys in our squad.

Callum Paterson signed for Cardiff City today... http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/callum-paterson-leaves-hearts-sign-10577738

Transfers

Luke Hendrie - Kilmarnock (Scottish Premiership) to Burnley (English Premiership) End of Loan

Josh Kerr - Celtic (Scottish Premiership) to Brighton & Hove Albion (English Premiership) Undisclosed Fee

Zak Jules - Motherwell (Scottish Premiership) to Reading (English Championship) End of Loan

Callum Paterson - Heart of Midlothian (Scottish Premiership) to Cardiff City (English Championship) Free Transfer

John Herron - Dunfermline Athletic (Scottish Championship) to Blackpool (English League One) End of Loan

callum cardiff.PNG

Guest DAVIDB69

It doesn't change that he continues to offer zero in a Scotland shirt

6 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

It doesn't change that he continues to offer zero in a Scotland shirt

Yes, apart from playing for us WHILST suffering from a debilitating illness.

If all of our players showed the same love for Scotland as Darren Fletcher does, then we would've qualified for the majority of the previous tournaments.

Archived