Who's staying - Who's going ?

44 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

I don't think we will I'm afraid.

Straight to the 2nd division again do you think? You might be right, the spend spend spend approach on those sh1tey gates will probably catch up with you again.

Straight to the 2nd division again do you think? You might be right, the spend spend spend approach on those sh1tey gates will probably catch up with you again.

The obsessed Airdrie fan strikes again. Leave me alone.

From Airdrie - full-time in League 1? Gates of 700?

Question : Who will be the next Scottish club to go into administration . . . . . . . again???

Clue: One (or both) of the clubs mentioned in this thread.

Another possibility . . . . . Raith Rovers?

24 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

From Airdrie - full-time in League 1? Gates of 700?

Question : Who will be the next Scottish club to go into administration . . . . . . . again???

Clue: One (or both) of the clubs mentioned in this thread.

Another possibility . . . . . Raith Rovers?

Personally I don't think Airdrie should be full time based on our gates. So, erm?

You are wrong on the attendance figure though. And Airdrie did have the biggest home attendance of the season and the biggest average crowd... However to be clear - given those figures still aren't great Im not suggesting (as I've said above) that should mean full time football. I've stated elsewhere I have concerns about Wotherspoon walking away too.

However given Livingston (with lower gates) lured players away from Airdrie for more money (and paid - or allegedly paid - compensation for two) I think my original comment is appropriate.

Airdrie still overspending. Unless somebody is putting massive amounts into the club, they can't sustain that level of expenditure with the gates they are attracting.
I believe clubs who find themselves down as far as League 1 can only afford one season full time to attempt to get promotion. After that, they have to accept their position and go part time and rebuild from there.
I'm expecting the usual trolling for being a Brechin fan for giving an opinion on finances, but we accept our situation and live within our means

14 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

Airdrie still overspending. Unless somebody is putting massive amounts into the club, they can't sustain that level of expenditure with the gates they are attracting.
I believe clubs who find themselves down as far as League 1 can only afford one season full time to attempt to get promotion. After that, they have to accept their position and go part time and rebuild from there.
I'm expecting the usual trolling for being a Brechin fan for giving an opinion on finances, but we accept our situation and live within our means

I don't disagree in a lot of what you say.

There is someone putting money in - but time will tell for how long. This is however year 1 of a 3 year plan apparently.

When going full time the club said the cost wasn't that much more than part time given the model we have in place. However as the person that said that was an ex Sun journalist who has since been proven as inept in the role of Chief Executive I'm not sure how true that is. 

Let's remember though that the best part time players don't come cheap.

Archived