Ian Brady

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, throbber said:

To be fair, Myra was the worst one of the two of them and manipulated Brady to commit the crimes.

You're showing a bit of empathy there throbber. Is there something you want to share with us?

You're showing a bit of empathy there throbber. Is there something you want to share with us?

Nah not at all, it's just understood that she was by far the darker character of the two and very damaged and manipulative. I'm going to watch a documentary about it when I get home from work to refresh my memory.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

To be fair, Myra was the worst one of the two of them and manipulated Brady to commit the crimes.

Poor old Ian, eh? 

The BBC article I read on him last night says literally the opposite of throbber: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12735333

It's interesting to me as someone born in the 90s that all the notable child abductors/killers in my lifetime have been one-off cases rather than something ongoing like Brady and Hindley were. I can't really comprehend what it must have been like to be a parent in a world without the internet or mobile phones fearing that there was a person or people around who could have been a threat to children in the way they were. I don't know if another Brady is possible in the world we live in today but the sort of mass fear that can grip people today makes me hope it never happens. The hysteria accompanying children disappearing and being found dead would be so destructive.

7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The BBC article I read on him last night says literally the opposite of throbber: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12735333

I think this is based on the fact that Myra gave an in depth written insight into how the murders took place and made Brady out to be the one behind it all and manipulating her and that is as much inside information that people have on them. She could well have done this in an attempt to get a lighter sentence but f**k knows what the reality really was, i don't particularly trust her testimony and people who knew them said that Brady was a quiet sort and Hindley was the more confident and outgoing one. They were certainly a very twisted and deranged pair who had suffered greatly in their earlier years and this was the end result for them.

Throbber is either at the wind up, or he's a complete simpleton. You can disregard anything he says.

Why? It's well documented Brady was fairly introverted although, had a temper.
No-one will ever know who the driving force was, that drove them from reading Mien Kampf to each other at lunch, to brutally murdering young children.
Tbf, Brady had a record, but for fairly innocuous crimes, up until the point he met Hindley.

Whenever there's a man and a woman involved in murder the woman is always vilified more than the man in the media no matter what the involvement.
I believe these two enabled each other and did things together that neither would have done individually, Brady may have tried and been caught quickly. He appeared to need someone to know what hed done and Hindley filled that need, it was this need that gave him away in the end.
We are still working under the premis that women are the fairer sex, could be mothers and any involvement is worse. Everyone knows men can be b*****ds but a woman, how could she?
Of course it's all bollocks, every individual is culpable for what they've done and their level of inner evil should not be judged by their gender.
Maxine Carr was, at the time of the Soham murders, ripped to pieces in the press where Huntly was just "yeah he's a murdering b*****d" when the indications were that she was in an abusive controlling relationship.
Just something else that annoys me in national media coverage.

Whenever there's a man and a woman involved in murder the woman is always vilified more than the man in the media no matter what the involvement.
I believe these two enabled each other and did things together that neither would have done individually, Brady may have tried and been caught quickly. He appeared to need someone to know what hed done and Hindley filled that need, it was this need that gave him away in the end.
We are still working under the premis that women are the fairer sex, could be mothers and any involvement is worse. Everyone knows men can be b*****ds but a woman, how could she?
Of course it's all bollocks, every individual is culpable for what they've done and their level of inner evil should not be judged by their gender.
Maxine Carr was, at the time of the Soham murders, ripped to pieces in the press where Huntly was just "yeah he's a murdering b*****d" when the indications were that she was in an abusive controlling relationship.
Just something else that annoys me in national media coverage.

Deep shit. Talking from experience?

1 hour ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Why? It's well documented Brady was fairly introverted although, had a temper.
No-one will ever know who the driving force was, that drove them from reading Mien Kampf to each other at lunch, to brutally murdering young children.
Tbf, Brady had a record, but for fairly innocuous crimes, up until the point he met Hindley.

Exactly, it's like comparing 8mile with Tony.

Archived