Ian Brady

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Quite an interesting article about Brady corresponding with a journalist during his imprisonment. I never knew that he was so articulate. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39925965

And a not-often seen photo of Hindley...

_96071492_f478d2cb-0234-40f4-aec6-199f5e

Anybody?

If I was a copper, I'd look under some of those big stones. In answer to your question...I think we both know the answer to that.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Quite an interesting article about Brady corresponding with a journalist during his imprisonment. I never knew that he was so articulate. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39925965

And a not-often seen photo of Hindley...

_96071492_f478d2cb-0234-40f4-aec6-199f5e

Anybody?

I'm confused. She has an Ipad in her hand, yet owns Bingo hair. 

Must be down to one or the other.

I want to laugh but will probably only confirm I am going to hell........

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39999839

BBC Radio Leeds Ian Brady music quiz 'unacceptable'

• 27 minutes ago
  • From the section England

Image copyright PA/BBC

A light-hearted music quiz about the Moors Murderer Ian Brady broadcast on BBC local radio has been described as "unacceptable" by the corporation.

The segment, on BBC Radio Leeds, was hosted by presenter Nathan Turvey during Sunday's breakfast programme.

Listeners were asked to guess the identity of a person "who'd been in the news" from a series of musical clues.

Turvey played excerpts from tracks including The Brady Bunch theme song and The Smiths' Suffer Little Children.

The presenter, who was standing in for the station's regular Sunday host, also played Mott The Hoople's All The Young Dudes and Talking Heads' Psycho Killer before saying: "They were four songs all linked to someone in the news this week, all you've got to do is work out who it is," and asked listeners to call in with their guesses.

Image copyright Twitter

Later, announcing the winner, Turvey played the montage again and said: "I think most of you worked out the answer was Ian Brady, which is someone we're talking about this morning of course, who died earlier in the week."

The clip, which has been removed from the BBC iPlayer, has been widely shared and condemned on social media, where some people believed it was a spoof and others described it as "sickening" and a display of a "remarkable lack of taste".

A BBC spokesman said: "This was clearly unacceptable and we apologise."

Brady, 79, died last week after spending half a century in prison for the murders of children from Manchester he committed with his lover Myra Hindley in the 1960s.

Image copyright Twitter

Share this story About sharing

This is my favourite selected song,

The Brady Bunch theme song

Archived