West Super Premier League Title Chase

AftonArmy1994

Thought I'd start this topic, as it is such an exciting end to season for this league.  

Will it be Glens to win it?  Win all remaining 3 games and title is New Cumnock bound,

will Rob Roy prevent it coming to Ayrshire?

can Talbot do it again and retain the title?

Or will all 3 above suffer a collapse and fall at final hurdle and let Beith right back into it?

its all ifs and buts as it stands, but let's hear your thoughts on it folks?

My honest opinion I think Glens have more than enough in their squad to finish the job and I hope and pray that we do it.

We've players on the bench who can come in and do a job and have done a job for us throughout the season with the full squad playing their part at some stage in season, and will be champing at the bit to catch Southy attention in training to get a chance before the final as each and every player is playing for their place in that's starting 11 come 4th June.

think big Dallas and Mick done their bit to show they are firing on all cylinders to lead the line against Bot; howeverwith a player of Joe Andrews capability in the wings whose 1st touch is unbelievable as well as John Carter who made step down to join us who has pace, technique and an eye for goal too waiting to prove their worth too.  And that's only the forwards!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup finals the Talbot have beat the best, the expensive and the over rated. Scottish Cup finals are performances on the day and we have at least eight players who have been through all this umpteen times so experience will play a big part on the proceedings. Also the game is being played on astro so that will have a big bearing on the way the game will pan out as both clubs play on grass. It's going to be a tough ask especially for us considering the fixtures that are getting flung at us, but that's the price of success. Hopefully we have a full complement come cup final day as our injured players are starting to filter back.

7 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Cup finals the Talbot have beat the best, the expensive and the over rated. Scottish Cup finals are performances on the day and we have at least eight players who have been through all this umpteen times so experience will play a big part on the proceedings. Also the game is being played on astro so that will have a big bearing on the way the game will pan out as both clubs play on grass. It's going to be a tough ask especially for us considering the fixtures that are getting flung at us, but that's the price of success. Hopefully we have a full complement come cup final day as our injured players are starting to filter back.

Check the name of the thread auld pal!  This is title talk nothing about final!  Or are you conceding it in favour of a 12th cup win going by your comment?  

Your team couldn't handle the pace of wee Lynass on grass, you won't get near him on Astro.

Posted this on the match day thread on Saturday. I think unless Glenafton or Rob Roy take 6 points in the double header then Talbot will sneak in and snatch it.

This Saturday is a big weekend, no doubt a lot of nerves on show at Cumbernauld.

And Glenaftons mind needs to be on Troon first as often when a team is free from the shackles of worrying about relegation they put in a performance.

Big few days ahead for Glenafton who I think I am right in saying could actually be champions by Saturday night?

2 wins and a Beith win

Thought I'd start this topic, as it is such an exciting end to season for this league.  
Will it be Glens to win it?  Win all remaining 3 games and title is New Cumnock bound,
Or will all 3 above suffer a collapse and fall at final hurdle and let Beith right back into it?

My honest opinion I think Glens have more than enough in their squad to finish the job and I hope and pray that we do it.
We've players on the bench who can come in and do a job and have done a job for us throughout the season with the full squad playing their part at some stage in season, and will be champing at the bit to catch Southy attention in training to get a chance before the final as each and every player is playing for their place in that's starting 11 come 4th June.
think big Dallas and Mick done their bit to show they are firing on all cylinders to lead the line against Bot; howeverwith a player of Joe Andrews capability in the wings whose 1st touch is unbelievable as well as John Carter who made step down to join us who has pace, technique and an eye for goal too waiting to prove their worth too.  And that's only the forwards!

Well that's that no point us playing the last two games we are playing the ayr shire version of Brazil 1970 [emoji4]

16 hours ago, AftonArmy1994 said:

Glenafton to lose to Troon and draw both games against Rob Roy, Beith to beat Talbot and Talbot to lose to one other game, all teams finish on 42 points ! League shared 4 ways 

21 hours ago, AftonArmy1994 said:

Check the name of the thread auld pal!  This is title talk nothing about final!  Or are you conceding it in favour of a 12th cup win going by your comment?  

Your team couldn't handle the pace of wee Lynass on grass, you won't get near him on Astro.

Have to talk about the cup mate after your musings about how you are going to win the league.

We will be underdogs saturday just got to go out go for it ,give it our all and leave nothing on the pitch come the end. Been top the vast majority of the season but means very little now unfortunately the teams chasing us have all pulled out results at the death recently but thats what you need to do to win titles.

12 minutes ago, superpollok said:

A draw in Cumbernauld still puts in back in your hands if you win at Beith.

But this Saturday could be the pivotal weekend.

Precisely as far as we are concerned its ifs and buts. To give us a realistic chance we have to win on Saturday and if we do the title is still not in our hands as we have to rely on the outcome of the Rabs and Glens games as well as beating the Buffs and Largs. No doubt the fans of three of the four teams will look back and debate at the end of the season what  lost them the title.

If we lose the league. If.

Got to be the hammering we took at Largs 4-1. We went there with tails in the air. Came away with them firmly between our legs. Not a good day at the office [emoji53]

11 hours ago, Glens lad said:

If we lose the league. If.

Got to be the hammering we took at Largs 4-1. We went there with tails in the air. Came away with them firmly between our legs. Not a good day at the office emoji53.png

The draw at  a very poor Arthurlie side was a bad result

Archived