Betting strategies

welshbairn

Now the season's more or less over, and no big summer tournaments, I want to try to be a bit more systematic next season. I'm too chicken and lazy to check, but think big wins every couple of months usually cover or seriously mitigate any losses from daily ambitious 4-6 folds. What does damage is chasing bad bets, and covering the perms, both of which are expensive and very rarely succeed. I've probably had more success on live betting but I'm a bit wary that it could get a bit addictive so tend to avoid it. I know the accepted wisdom is to stick to singles, but betting isn't a rational money making project for me, it's a hobby and a way of putting money aside for holidays and treats, which I do on the rare occasions that I get a decent win. Getting £13 back from a £10 bet doesn't interest me. Anyway, all thoughts, systems, strategies and worries welcome.

P.S. Will pay more attention to preseason games and signings this Summer. There were loads of indications that Buckie Thistle were on the up, and were at 66/1 for the Highland League title last summer. I ignored it.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I piss away a tenner a week and hardly ever get a win (maybe once every couple of months, and then I usually blow it).

Sounds sensible to me.

If I fancy a few teams at a reasonable price I'm going to throw them in a five timer with a company who gives free bets for a near miss and add in certs  like Barca, Bayern etc. I backed Chelsea for the league at 5:1 this year and boro for drop at 9:2 and hardly made any money due to being too pragmatic with cash outs. Need to let things run more, particularly as I'd also backed Spurs at 12/1. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried following trends on betting exchanges? I'm not into trading on exchanges myself but plenty seem to  do well out of it and favourites often reduce in price a lot in the run up to the game taking place. Their price can often go in the opposite direction as well of course which undo a lot of previous profit. 

• 1 month later...
On 14/05/2017 at 21:23, welshbairn said:

P.S. Will pay more attention to preseason games and signings this Summer. There were loads of indications that Buckie Thistle were on the up, and were at 66/1 for the Highland League title last summer. I ignored it.

Watch out for Rothes. They are getting pumped with money just now. Probably too soon for this season but maybe within the next 2-3 years

I concentrate on singles on horse match betting. Ie 1 horse to beat another. Very profitable in amongst the stuff I am shyte at.
Op is probably also aware I am somewhat knowledgeable on non league football as another lucrative avenue. Usually restricted a short price treble. That and looking for the obvious ricks by the layer.
If i was not a feckin addict and concentrated on those areas ????????????????????

Watch out for Rothes. They are getting pumped with money just now. Probably too soon for this season but maybe within the next 2-3 years

I concentrate on singles on horse match betting. Ie 1 horse to beat another. Very profitable in amongst the stuff I am shyte at.
Op is probably also aware I am somewhat knowledgeable on non league football as another lucrative avenue. Usually restricted a short price treble. That and looking for the obvious ricks by the layer.
If i was not a feckin addict and concentrated on those areas ????????????????????

As I turned £200 into 4 grand yesterday I really should stick with the philosophy. 20 out of 25 match bets won. And my large non league treble (including rothes) obliged.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have decided to go with a throbber-esque strategy of betting on random teams, solely on odds. Currently got £20 on Bethlehem VT to win at 21/20.

Edit: a 2-1 win for the VT lads! Forza Bethlehem!

On 8/21/2017 at 11:09, welshbairn said:

Beware of tipsters, the more you lose the more they make. 30% of your losses.

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/78n8wb/a-mugs-game-how-twitter-tipsters-are-profiting-on-losing-bets

no... there are good tipsters also. 

avoid the ones tied to betting brands though

Archived