ROYAL ALBERT

Mr.Albert

I would just like to thank the players coaching staff and the handful of supporters for the hard work and commitment to the club this year.

We had a new manager Jamie Nesbitt coaches Bill Whiteford and Graham Scott, Donal Campbell, starting with us this season which also meant a load of new players to add to the other players, so this meant a lot of change which has taken time to settle in, but the hard work and commitment by them all (unpaid) is a credit to them all.

The changes will take time to bed in but we can see already the we have the makings of a decent team for the next few seasons as long as we can hold on to the players.

I would like to thank all the other clubs who came to the Stadio Del Alberto this season, enjoyed our chats over a cup of tea and sausage roll after he game. Also enjoyed our disagreements as well.

I would also like congratulate the Ants on the way they have conducted themselves in a season when they have had a few loses to their at their club but turned it into a positive thing with the charity they started up under Sean name.

To the ex players, friends of players, and relations of old players thank you for joining the 100 CLUB it has help to keep the club going throughout the season .

And finally to my old pal and long serving committee man Billy Milson you may be gone but we will never forget you.

Good luck to all the clubs next season.   Cmon the Albert

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
will that be fitba bits John

He’s a tremendous player, Davie. Has he not told you about the goal he scored against Hurlford (when they were a good team.)
Ran from his own penalty spot, beat every one who was from Hurlford, then lashed it into the net from 18yds.
Don’t think he mentions it much though.

45 minutes ago, winston_ingram said:

Is this not rather awkward for the Albert manager after his comments in the times report?

At the time Jamie spoke to the Times the intention was to play the game at our park, as we wanted to play Pollok at our park as it would be a advantage for us .

It was not until late Wednesday afternoon that the council told us the extent of the damage done to the drains and told us that the park wouldn't be playable for at least a month.

Archived