Rangers v Aberdeen

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deserved from Aberdeen but they didn't have make it difficult for themselves in the end. Should have been out of sight with 20 minutes to go. Rangers were awful and appear to be getting worse. The ref definitely helped them a little with his inconsistency in deciding what merited a card mind you.

Just now, shootingboots said:

Poor Peter Adam. Absolutely seething. 

There are many, many more after Peter. And I'm sure Peter himself has had some choice tweets previously.

For the first time in my life, what a thoroughly enjoyable evening in Govan.

In the grand scheme of things beating this Rangers side in an end of season match isn't that great shakes but f**k me it feels good to get the Ibrox monkey off our back.

And in the end, it was really quite a straightforward evening despite being under pressure towards the end.

We started the game brilliantly, absolutely on top of them from the off which was epitomised by Shinnie's goal.  We continued that dominance throughout despite allowing them one or two moments.  Second half again fantastic to see us go for them from the off and a good goal although fair to say it was terrible defending.

If I'm being ultra critical (and with one eye on the final), we still have an issue of not turning our dominance/chances into enough goals, and as such, one moment allows them back into the game.  Saying that, we stood up to the pressure well and I never really felt like like we were going to concede.  I suspect coming up against such pressure against Celtic would be a different matter.

Shinnie/Mclean absolutely fantastic again in that midfield, Shinnie is my absolute hero.  Really strong performance from Christie too all game.  No failures all across the park though.

That Rangers team though, christ its bad.  Possibly Miller aside that is a team full of bang average footballers.

Oh and a nice wee bounce in the away end too, I may have slightly lost it at the 2nd goal, leaping the fence of the upper part of the stand and charging down the stairs like a madman :lol:

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

For the first time in my life, what a thoroughly enjoyable evening in Govan.

In the grand scheme of things beating this Rangers side in an end of season match isn't that great shakes but f**k me it feels good to get the Ibrox monkey off our back.

And in the end, it was really quite a straightforward evening despite being under pressure towards the end.

We started the game brilliantly, absolutely on top of them from the off which was epitomised by Shinnie's goal.  We continued that dominance throughout despite allowing them one or two moments.  Second half again fantastic to see us go for them from the off and a good goal although fair to say it was terrible defending.

If I'm being ultra critical (and with one eye on the final), we still have an issue of not turning our dominance/chances into enough goals, and as such, one moment allows them back into the game.  Saying that, we stood up to the pressure well and I never really felt like like we were going to concede.  I suspect coming up against such pressure against Celtic would be a different matter.

Shinnie/Mclean absolutely fantastic again in that midfield, Shinnie is my absolute hero.  Really strong performance from Christie too all game.  No failures all across the park though.

That Rangers team though, christ its bad.  Possibly Miller aside that is a team full of bang average footballers.

Oh and a nice wee bounce in the away end too, I may have slightly lost it at the 2nd goal, leaping the fence of the upper part of the stand and charging down the stairs like a madman :lol:

My first Aberdeen cup game was against the Rangers in 1975, went to Ibrox with my dad, stood on the terracing, us and a few hundred dons fans facing the 50000 then won 2-1 with goals from Graham and Davidson (I think in extra time) It was unexpected, unlike last nights result, but still good obviously. Great bragging rights in school next day.

On the Stockley red it was really harsh. Neither were yellow cards in my opinion, but for the life of me I can't understand why Stockley gets a booking then decides to do the exact same thing again when he already knows the ref seems that a yellow card offence.

1 minute ago, jmothecat said:

On the Stockley red it was really harsh. Neither were yellow cards in my opinion, but for the life of me I can't understand why Stockley gets a booking then decides to do the exact same thing again when he already knows the ref seems that a yellow card offence.

Not sure. Catches the player with his elbow on both occasions = 2 yellow cards.

He's a muppet.

Seen some videos this morning on social media of the Aberdeen fans.

Excellent work gentleman. It is Scottish footballs duty to wind up they horrible b*****ds week in week out and to never ever let them forget that they walked away and let their club die.

Well that was really enjoyable last night and it is great to get that monkey off our back from that embarrassing Ibrox record. We should have won easier than we did as by the time was 2 up that score really flattered Rangers but then they scored and it gave them some hope. Like the Hearts game Shinnie was fantastic and the amount of work he puts into a game is amazing. Really pleased to play like that without our best player but wow rangers are really poor, Pedro has his work cut out to build a new team and get them to gel a squad quick enough for next season. Mark Warburton has built a dreadful Rangers team for the Premiership and if Robbie Neilson was still in charge of Hearts they might have only finished 4th.  

One of the most enjoyable moments of last night was the Rangers fan losing the plot upstairs at 2-0 along with the songs like Joey Gardner/Northern Lights of Old Aberdeen, Your fucking shite etc. Bizarre moment of the day was Rangers fans chucking Eggs at us from the roof of some flats at the pub we was at before the game. 

Archived