Armadale

Daleman

If the junior club is self funding then how can it be about pulling resources, that's a contradiction in itself.

Every club pays a fee to the CC for training and matches (inc the Juniors) that goes towards the upkeep of the facility (equipment to maintain the 3g for example is expensive), payment of bills and into the sink fund to replace the 3g in 12 years time. The CC can also help out financially with other projects and with future improvements. The CC doesn't directly fund any individual team.

That's the pooling of resources.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think thats the problem the watson park idea is probs cheaper option 

It would at least be a start to have all clubs all round the table to discuss options. I hope someone bangs heads together.

Broxburn is seriously needing looked at as the atmosphere is zero unlike Kelty who have kept the same layout ie terracing and such but added an astro so it still has that junior feel and that could happen at the volley

Broxburn is an awful ground. Comfortably my least favourite away game to go to. Also, their astroturf looks like it should've been ripped up and replaced 10 years ago.

I feel for the hard working armadale committee. Okay, the Volly a bit rough round the edges but it's no where near as bad as some are making out.

I can only echo the views above. If I had a choice of watching an entire season being played on a surface akin to the Volly, or Broxburns, the Volly would win every time.

I don't think people would be so cold towards CCs if the facilities they tend to be associated with weren't as utterly soulless as they tend to be.

If armadale were to join forces with the local kids clubs I only hope they retain their current ground. Smooth over the edges and it would be a cracking football venue again.

Having looked at the plan for Watson Park it is inadequate for junior football where is the area for spectators where is the enclosure. Given that in the next few years their could be huge changes  in junior football with the introduction of a pyramid system giving access to the SPFL and the William Hill Scottish cup.Clubs who wish to join this structure must have an SFA ground licence,already Linlithgow Rose,Banks o Dee and Girvan have secured their licence and play in the Scottish cup. Kelty Hearts, Auchinleck and Boness are in the process of improving their grounds and are applying for their licence. These clubs will have to leave junior football to compete in the pyramid structure and many more clubs may follow. Therefore any planned new development in Armadale should meet the SFA criteria.

Your quite right vollyman the plans for watson submitted didn't include the necessary aspects required for juniors, i was told because the juniors didn't want to get involved the facility didn't require certain things phase 1.  The community club realise cost will be a big factor phase 1.

Don't see why things couldn't change ?

Keep the volley . Get a decent committee in .already got a good manager . People will return to watch a winning side . HENDO was never a favourite at the dale ( except for the committee) and should have been binned years ago . Lots off good real football people in the dale they need to get involved .CC sorry but armadales is a bunch off parents playing football manager with kids . How many of these coaches played junior or higher ? I'm heading to the AGM to hear what the dinosaurs have to say . 

Dont see the dale climbing up that pyramid to the spfl anytime soon mind you.i think getting out the bottom division will be hard pushed hopefully im wrong time will tell 

Every club pays a fee to the CC for training and matches (inc the Juniors) that goes towards the upkeep of the facility (equipment to maintain the 3g for example is expensive), payment of bills and into the sink fund to replace the 3g in 12 years time. The CC can also help out financially with other projects and with future improvements. The CC doesn't directly fund any individual team.

That's the pooling of resources.

'Resources' doesn't always mean cash. It often means ideas, expertise, support , volunteers etc that any group involved can lean on and utilise

As a former member of the committee at Armadale Thistle and someone who was also involved in the in the development area of the Community Club I would like to put my thoughts on this matter forwards.  I was a link between both the Juniors and the community club and have had face to face discussions with the Juniors committee and also the community club committee relating to requests and idea's regard both.  It is a emotive and complex issue relating to what is best for the Juniors, Community club and the community of Armadale overall;

Football & Facilities;

First up the committee at the Volley do a thankless task and no one who has not actually taken a place on that committee or lent a hand to the running of the club should be questioning the value of their opinion or the commitment to Armadale the town, The juniors do as much for the community as any other local group / organisation and should be applauded for this.  The committee,volunteer coaches, secretaries, first aiders and CPO's for the community do a brilliant job also getting the town and ward 9 cluster kids into football and learning shared values and team work from an early age.  I would love the juniors to be part of the community club with them being the top of the tree and the first and only junior team that players coming through the CFC development path go to, to be trialled and if good enough playing for the side, in time (not that far off) this could be the case.  The last Dale game I attended was their defeat to Blackburn in the cup at the start of the season and was told at that match 4 of the Blackburn starting 11 had came through the Blackburn community club set up, so there is scope to improve a junior club / side via co-operation, in addition to this there are over 25 SFA 1.3 and above accredited coaches and SFA licenced first aiders that surely might be of assistance to the juniors at some point.  There are some excellent youth sides in the community club and apparently one at the minuet who are about to start 11 a sides this season that is tipped to be a top team.  The sheer number of kids and parents involved in the community club could surely boost the support and image of the volley if the two clubs can come to a shared agreement.

Facilities in Junior football have no rhyme nor reason, The Volley is a old ground, a traditional junior ground and although it may be in need of a little TLC and probably needs more ongoing maintenance that newer grounds, you cannot deny its character and you cannot deny its a special place to many in the town, its far preferable to watch a game there than at a  soulless vacuum like say Broxburn.  That being said its not out with the bounds of reason that the Volley could relocate a 100 yards across the road if the new facility was suitable for Junior football and met the needs of the club and wider community, but at the same time there are successful junior clubs that are attached to a community club and still have there traditional ground that their community clubs teams seldom use, for instance Linlithgow Rose are a community club with a number for kids teams (not as many as Armadale mind you) and the community club teams train and play matches elsewhere whilst still managing to maintain a close connection with the towns successful junior team.  As a fella also posted on this thread earlier if the powers that be came back with a proposal, re-design to meet the criteria and beyond for junior football, would the answer still be no, also it should be noted that there is no reason the Juniors cant become part of the community club regardless of their motivation to move grounds. 

I am still adjusting to life with no formal involvement in football anymore but for the record I hope the Dale come straight back up next season and have a successful future, where ever they play and I also hope the community club continues to grow, just wish there was some way of getting both entities on the same page and moving forwards for the common good of Armadale, which is surely what both Armadale Thistle and Armadale Community Football Club would hope for the future.

Peace & Love

T.G Clock

22 hours ago, Daleboys forever said:

Keep the volley . Get a decent committee in .already got a good manager . People will return to watch a winning side . HENDO was never a favourite at the dale ( except for the committee) and should have been binned years ago . Lots off good real football people in the dale they need to get involved .CC sorry but armadales is a bunch off parents playing football manager with kids . How many of these coaches played junior or higher ? I'm heading to the AGM to hear what the dinosaurs have to say . 

Obviously you know nothing about the present committee as you keep making comments about pensioners and dinosaurs 7 of the present committee are under the age of 50 and 4 are over 70 this has gradually happened over the last 4 years come along to the AGM and join the committee and make a worthwhile contribution to the development of football in Armadale

There's a clear passion here for football at all levels in armadale, good points made especially today by Gothclock who has been closer to both the community club and juniors.  The dedication of all volunteers deserves a joint approach, better facilities and much more

• 2 weeks later...

Archived