Armadale

Daleman

2 minutes ago, Legless said:

Junior teams are in it for success, cash is spent on players the teams paying the most have the best players, it's a joke to say they are for the progression of local kids. Just look at where the best junior players from Armadale, Bathgate, Broxburn, Whitburn, etc play, they play at Linlithgow, Kelly, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, etc, they play where the most money is.

Well I guess the ultimate aim for a Community Club is to provide opportunity for kids to participate, to play fitba in a good environment, and if they are really good at it they will make a career of it at professional level. 

If that doesn't quite happen, then you have a route to at least play semi-pro football to a decent standard (ie the Junior club).  Good players are always going to get signed by the big teams, and if a Linlithgow or Bon'ess or Falkirk or Hearts or whoever wanted to sign a player who came (or is coming) through the ranks at Blackburn then nobody would stand in their way, in fact we'd be delighted.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I guess the ultimate aim for a Community Club is to provide opportunity for kids to participate, to play fitba in a good environment, and if they are really good at it they will make a career of it at professional level. 
If that doesn't quite happen, then you have a route to at least play semi-pro football to a decent standard (ie the Junior club).  Good players are always going to get signed by the big teams, and if a Linlithgow or Bon'ess or Falkirk or Hearts or whoever wanted to sign a player who came (or is coming) through the ranks at Blackburn then nobody would stand in their way, in fact we'd be delighted.

You only have a route to the junior club if the junior club wants you.
I am not slagging of community clubs as I think they do a great job, but it doesn't give you a passage into junior football you play at the level you are good enough to play, whether that be senior, junior, amateur is all down to ability. Boys clubs did the job years ago, when it could be said the junior clubs were better than they are now.
Anyone putting time in deserves applause whether it be at boys club, community club or junior. I just think that on here the community club is being promoted as the be all and end all, when in fact the pro nature of the junior game contradicts the spirit of a community club.

Junior teams are in it for success, cash is spent on players the teams paying the most have the best players, it's a joke to say they are for the progression of local kids. Just look at where the best junior players from Armadale, Bathgate, Broxburn, Whitburn, etc play, they play at Linlithgow, Kelly, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, etc, they play where the most money is.

So if a club is not finding success, say, 2 relegations in a few seasons, they might want to rethink their strategy?
Its not about progressing all the local kids (as only you mentioned) but surely cutting off the attentions of the kids who will become the future supporters hopefully, is not only short sighted but incredibly stupid.

If I was involved in running a junior team, damn sure I would be going out my way to try to get all the kids coming. All wanting a burger or a pie, or both. All wanting to come back next week to see the team who play in the same strips.
If 10% go in to be lifelong supporters its a result. Otherwise, the current crop of supporters will be the last. At any junior club. Too many competing entertainments for kids now, how are you going to catch their attention.
If I thought my local junior team thought of the boys club teams as a pain in the are, an interference or a hinderence, I would never set foot back in the door.

But I don't run a junior team...,

7 minutes ago, Legless said:

You only have a route to the junior club if the junior club wants you.
I am not slagging of community clubs as I think they do a great job, but it doesn't give you a passage into junior football you play at the level you are good enough to play, whether that be senior, junior, amateur is all down to ability. Boys clubs did the job years ago, when it could be said the junior clubs were better than they are now.
Anyone putting time in deserves applause whether it be at boys club, community club or junior. I just think that on here the community club is being promoted as the be all and end all, when in fact the pro nature of the junior game contradicts the spirit of a community club.

Of course it doesn't guarantee you anything, not sure anyone claimed that it did. If you're a great player you'll be snapped up by a pro-club, if you're a good player you'll play Junior fitba - maybe with your own team or elsewhere - or you'll play amateur or not at all.  It's really not that much different from a eg. Falkirk having youth teams, some will make it and play for Falkirk, some will get snapped up by an English Premier League club, some will be released.

Not sure how that contradicts the "spirit" of a Community Club, which as I said is there to help provide the best environment to play fitba by pooling resources instead of 3 or 4 teams in the same town all trying to operate separately and pulling in different directions, which doesn't make any sense.

So if a club is not finding success, say, 2 relegations in a few seasons, they might want to rethink their strategy?
Its not about progressing all the local kids (as only you mentioned) but surely cutting off the attentions of the kids who will become the future supporters hopefully, is not only short sighted but incredibly stupid.

If I was involved in running a junior team, damn sure I would be going out my way to try to get all the kids coming. All wanting a burger or a pie, or both. All wanting to come back next week to see the team who play in the same strips.
If 10% go in to be lifelong supporters its a result. Otherwise, the current crop of supporters will be the last. At any junior club. Too many competing entertainments for kids now, how are you going to catch their attention.
If I thought my local junior team thought of the boys club teams as a pain in the are, an interference or a hinderence, I would never set foot back in the door.

But I don't run a junior team...,

I don't think junior clubs see the boys clubs as a hinderance, I personally have no issue with it, I see a contradiction though, that being the financial side.
What is the priority, in an ideal world it would be success from a home grown team in the junior league, but we don't live in an ideal world and success in the junior ranks is driven by cash, just look at where the honours go every season, not to the best community but to the clubs with most cash.

The sports club a few years back had the chance to affiliate with hamilton they manged to make a pigs ear of that. Its time both juniors and youth set up found a way to go forward as said 2 relgations in 3 years suggests its not working. 

Of course it doesn't guarantee you anything, not sure anyone claimed that it did. If you're a great player you'll be snapped up by a pro-club, if you're a good player you'll play Junior fitba - maybe with your own team or elsewhere - or you'll play amateur or not at all.  It's really not that much different from a eg. Falkirk having youth teams, some will make it and play for Falkirk, some will get snapped up by an English Premier League club, some will be released.

Not sure how that contradicts the "spirit" of a Community Club, which as I said is there to help provide the best environment to play fitba by pooling resources instead of 3 or 4 teams in the same town all trying to operate separately and pulling in different directions, which doesn't make any sense.

The spirit of the community club should surely be about providing a resource for all equally, the junior club like a senior club is about success at all costs, that's the contradiction between the two.

I don't think junior clubs see the boys clubs as a hinderance, I personally have no issue with it, I see a contradiction though, that being the financial side.
What is the priority, in an ideal world it would be success from a home grown team in the junior league, but we don't live in an ideal world and success in the junior ranks is driven by cash, just look at where the honours go every season, not to the best community but to the clubs with most cash.

If you're not gonna have the most cash, nothing to lose by going the community route. Might just get you some more cash?

If you're not gonna have the most cash, nothing to lose by going the community route. Might just get you some more cash?

I have nothing against community clubs, for me whatever works!
I am merely pointing out the contradiction I see between the two.

The spirit of the community club should surely be about providing a resource for all equally, the junior club like a senior club is about success at all costs, that's the contradiction.

You don't seem to understand how a CC operates, it's a place to pool resources, provide good facilities and coaching, have youth teams working together and not against each other, providing a route to adult football at whatever level, and above all else attracting kids to play the game and stick at it instead it hanging around the streets or glued to their phone.

The Junior club sit at the top of this providing adult football at a good level for those who stay with the club. The CC doesn't fund the Junior team, there is no contradiction.

Its all if buts and maybes we find ourselves now at a stand off the juniors dont want to get involved with the kids side. The kids side want new facillites and have proposed the watson park blue print. So what would make the junior side happy bit dissapointed with current committe saying there not open minded 

Blackburn won't finish above Bathgate as they have a cracking squad at the moment and would have done a lot better last season but had horrendous injuries all through the season. Blackburn need more experience within there squad, but that's all for another day. I have said it before now is the time for Armadale to get things into action either with or without the community . The club should have acted quicker when relegated from the superleague but kept faith in the manager then losing good players and the club should have asked why are all these players leaving but kept the faith in the manager again and by the the rot had set in and the club has never recovered with continuous relegation. Now they have the chance to get things put into place with no fear of going down and if the fans can get behind them I am sure they can bounce straight back.

1 minute ago, pie n beans said:

Blackburn won't finish above Bathgate as they have a cracking squad at the moment and would have done a lot better last season but had horrendous injuries all through the season. Blackburn need more experience within there squad, but that's all for another day. I have said it before now is the time for Armadale to get things into action either with or without the community . The club should have acted quicker when relegated from the superleague but kept faith in the manager then losing good players and the club should have asked why are all these players leaving but kept the faith in the manager again and by the the rot had set in and the club has never recovered with continuous relegation. Now they have the chance to get things put into place with no fear of going down and if the fans can get behind them I am sure they can bounce straight back.

Spot on this is a make or break time for the juniors if they dont get it right they will be stuck in the bottom division for years or worse go out the game 

Its all if buts and maybes we find ourselves now at a stand off the juniors dont want to get involved with the kids side. The kids side want new facillites and have proposed the watson park blue print. So what would make the junior side happy bit dissapointed with current committe saying there not open minded 

Don't want to get involved with the politics but as someone who likes his history, I can see why some would be reluctant to see Volunteer Park go, it has a great history and to be honest could be redevoped into a great facility although perhaps at a greater cost than starting from scratch as it would need a bit of work.

You don't seem to understand how a CC operates, it's a place to pool resources, provide good facilities and coaching, have youth teams working together and not against each other, providing a route to adult football at whatever level, and above all else attracting kids to play the game and stick at it instead it hanging around the streets or glued to their phone.

The Junior club sit at the top of this providing adult football at a good level for those who stay with the club. The CC doesn't fund the Junior team, there is no contradiction.

If the junior club is self funding then how can it be about pulling resources, that's a contradiction in itself.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Don't want to get involved with the politics but as someone who likes his history, I can see why some would be reluctant to see Volunteer Park go, it has a great history and to be honest could be redevoped into a great facility although perhaps at a greater cost than starting from scratch as it would need a bit of work.

I think thats the problem the watson park idea is probs cheaper option 

Archived