Brechin 1 v 2 Alloa, Alloa 4 v 1 Brechin

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Watch out he'll offer you a square gi if you wind him up.

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Is your 'o' key broke?

Chilled with it all no Meadowbank fan or Annat Rd buffoon can rattle me on this lovely May morning :thumsup2

15 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Have to agree, very poor to watch..does seem to be the way, big target man and ball up to him.

Did you not get feeling both teams were holding back a tad .Obviously still made chances but maybe too much at stake too gamble first leg... 

2 hours ago, Waspy said:

I think Jim was playing for a draw. High ball after high ball into the box is brutal to watch.

"We had to change the way we played a bit, by going more direct and I think that played into Brechin's hands". No we didn't and yes it did. Think back to the football we played on the same pitch in the play-offs four years ago. Wrong approach last night and we got what we deserved. 

But - it's only half time and the players have shown that they can bounce back. Get the ball on the deck on Saturday and play like we can and we still have every chance. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A seriously poor game quality wise and entertainment wise.

Brechin were the better team for me, I was massively disappointed with Alloa. I really did expect better from them.

Either way, I'm delighted another part-time team will be joining us.

Agreed Paddy,Brechin will be long odds on favourites to go straight back down,don't think they've that much cash to improve the squad and on current crowds really can't,I think I would actually be behind the couch for Brechin's games next season,but Alloa could maybe spend a few bob and nick a few points on  that horrendous all weather pitch,in saying that I thinks it's the best of its kind I have seen,but I suppose playing in the Championship  is better than League 1, but if you get battered every week which I fear for both teams,it really drains the football fans energy.

Brechin deserved to win but Alloa kept the ball better in the first half, which would give them a better chance in the Championship next season. They'd also have a more competitive budget. Brechin's fairly direct style of play would get found out IMO as they would just lose the ball for huge periods of each match. 

We were really poor last night. Brechin were worth the win. Thankfully only one goal to make up. Hopefully we play more like we did last Saturday which was an entertaining game. Got the impression that we were looking to just stay in the tie last night rather than going for a decisive result. Playing Mackin up front on his own didnt work. Too many poor performances. Thought only Parry, the defence and Flanny got pass marks. The rest were very disappointing. Still if we perfrom like we did against Airdrie at the Recs then we can still get through. Just need a change of tactics and a few more attacking players on form.

I wonder if Jim will revert to the 3-5-2 he favoured when he first started out as manager and just go for it. Although I fully expect it to be a 4-4-2 on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised to see Holmes (if fit) starting again. Maybe even Adam Martin getting a start. Spence starting is expected as well.

Oh well at least it's set up to be a cracker on Saturday.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Brechin deserved to win but Alloa kept the ball better in the first half, which would give them a better chance in the Championship next season. They'd also have a more competitive budget. Brechin's fairly direct style of play would get found out IMO as they would just lose the ball for huge periods of each match. 

Ok who's hacked VT's account.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

You could have a point but on the other hand we have a good few ball players who showed on Saturday that on a decent surface they can knock the ball about.  I would imagine that IF we go up we would have to strengthen the squad as well so the tactics might change to suit the new players.

Very nervy from us from the start. Lacked Holmer's leadership and composure I felt.

Before the game I thought Jim Goodwin had got the starting eleven correct, but it didn't work out that way. Mackin looked a bit lost at times and we needed him to hold the ball up better.

Brechin were the better team on the night and 1-0 was about right.

We need to win in 90 minutes on Saturday, and we are more than capable of that. However, it's certainly not a given and Brechin will rightly feel this is a tremendous chance to get up.

Archived