Brechin 1 v 2 Alloa, Alloa 4 v 1 Brechin

Bloody working again today means i wont be in attendance, however my gaffer has tipped me the wink to be "lenient" with me nicking in and out of our staff canteen to catch the action on the telly there . The tie is very nicely placed , all to play for for both teams. Lets have a good game today and show League One in a good light. I'm hoping i get promoted to canteen supervisor this evening so i dont miss a thing. It will be a hard game to get a result from but one last big push guys. With our small squad i'm amazed we have got ourselves to this position. I know that the Wasps are desperate for it too . However i want to take the time to wish BOTH teams luck as its been a great season and it all comes down to 90 minutes of football. May the best team win .........

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the best team may not win, the playoffs do not recognise consistency and a 12 point gap, its a bit unfair but thats what we have so got to make the best of it .

On the flip side, the best team may have been a team that had a slow start to the season, perhaps a load of injuries or just one that recruited well during the mid season transfer window.

Ye we had an unbelievable run of injuries just when we topped league so you could even say we might ve picked up another 12 + pts had our injury list not hampered  us so much ..But thats all in the past ..If s n Buts 

Good luck to both this afternoon. An evenly poised tie and I imagine a few nerves will be shredded on both sides in the next couple of hours.

May the best team win, and it'll be nice (not just for allegiance as a fellow part time side in the championship) as both sets of fans on here seem like decent spuds to share a division with one of you again next year.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

On the flip side, the best team may have been a team that had a slow start to the season, perhaps a load of injuries or just one that recruited well during the mid season transfer window.

flip over again to a team who lost thier (very good ) manager and had a dip while the new guy found his feet, its all ifs and buts as you say! :-)

46 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

flip over again to a team who lost thier (very good ) manager and had a dip while the new guy found his feet, its all ifs and buts as you say! :-)

Also the point when Flanny and Holmer were injured if I recall correctly.

I'm hoping Alloa go up today purely for the Jim Goodwin connection. Excuse my ignorance but when were either team in the second tier?

Alloa only got relegated last season or the season before I think? Not sure about Brechin though.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I'm hoping Alloa go up today purely for the Jim Goodwin connection. Excuse my ignorance but when were either team in the second tier?

Alloa were there last season...

Brechin was back in 2005-06, got 2 wins that season and went straight back down.

4 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Are the building or demolishing something at the end Alloa are shooting at

Neither, it's just a hill with a train track at the other side of it. Scaffolding is just there for the camera.

Paul Hartley's still putting on the beef then.

Archived