Brechin 1 v 2 Alloa, Alloa 4 v 1 Brechin

I reckon Fusco d drop out as Pabs said he d been carrying an injury .. Be a shame to drop Caldwell as hes found a wee bit of form .. A lot of half chances fall around edge of box i noticed thats where Trouton does well feeding off them ... Any idea how many buses are goin thru 

Yeah Caldwell has done well the last few games was just thinking a defender for a striker. Think it is two busses and the youths have a bus as well

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Kieren doesn't run the 50/50 so is in no position to answer. The club are though so phone them instead. If I see the guy who runs it pre match I'll ask if he makes sure to send someone over.

Don't phone them. I don't know either and it's me on the end of it :lol:

I'll pass the message on in the morning.

Be a shame to drop anyone every player has played very well the last 3 games.Caldwell included who has looked a much better player the last 3 games and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet again on Wednesday.However I think a fit dougie hill in the side for this game would be a massive boost.....COYR

Depends if there fit enough to start or not.Although love or trouten would add a bit more pace upfront

Trouten played 45 minutes and Love got 20 minutes against Raith and both made a big difference. Trouten in particular looked as sharp as he has been all season so I was surprised that they didn't come on against Alloa.

Don't know whether the game time against Raith set them back a bit or whether Dods was keeping them fresh for the second leg. Either way it would be good to have at least one of them starting tomorrow. We need all the quality we can get going forward as I think we'll need to score down there.

Anybody hear what the admission prices tomorrow are?

Anyway, we were absolutely shite on Wednesday. That's no way to finish what has been at times a terrific season. If we are going to lose this, then let's at least make sure we go down knowing we gave it our best shot. Hope Alloa get the ball down tomorrow and have a right go at Brechin.

24 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Obviously you would never turn down a promotion but Brechin fans do you think you would be able to compete in the championship next year?

I honestly think we could do ok with a few clever additions to our current  squad .   However any other time we have got promotion to that league , our manager has been poached so any form of continuity has been lost.  Let's hope Darren stays on to give it a real go. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Obviously you would never turn down a promotion but Brechin fans do you think you would be able to compete in the championship next year?

I think we re realistic enough to realise it would be tough ..What i would nt want to happen would be Dods get sacked if we d a horrendous run.. I hate when teams do that.. Saying that in 83/84 we almost won promotion to Premier League after winning our first ever championship ha ha ...

Anyway we ve a hard hard game tomorrow to get past first ... Alloa are a really good side managed by a manager with that winning frame of mind .... 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Long way to go before we contemplate that but oh, go on then...

Dont think anyone is kidding themselves that it would be easy, or that we wouldn't need a major rebuild of the team. Having said we have to look at the p/t teams that have made a decent fist of it in that division in recent years (Dumbarton and Alloa themselves)  and Back ourselves to do the same. 

Squad is not deep enough - it hasn't been deep enough for league one at times this season - and we'd need to up the calibre significantly. Looking at our best XI, Smith is a class act albeit prone to an aberration. Willie Dyer and Dougie Hill have the track record at a higher level and you'd think they would have a role to play in a championship level defence. Paul McLean is a stalwart for us and I think every City fan would like to see him at a higher level. Of the other defenders, Darren McCormack seems to be out of favour and the rest are younger guys who have time to improve, but would need to. 

In midfield James dale is reputed to be away. We'd need numbers in the centre and some serious dig. Finn Graham has had a very good season as has Gary Fusco once he came back into the side but those two are at either end of their careers. There' s not much else in the central positions. Euan Smith has done a job there but is injured.  

In terms of attacking options, Alan Trouten has been a star for Brechin but I can already hear fans of other teams he's played for at a higher level. Andy Jackson on the other hand I will go out on a limb and say is a better player than when he last played at that level and would flourish with the right support. (Robert Thomson was good for City, particularly in his final season before departing , but you wouldn't have said he was a clear standout). Ally Love and Liam Watt again, have ability but would have something to prove. 

So Smith, Dyer, Hill, Jackson, prob McLean, poss Graham would be first picks (some of them based on what they've done before at a higher level). I don't think we'd be looking to get rid of that many (Caldwell might want to leave...) but based on that, we'd need to get half a dozen guys in, proven at that level, to make up a competitive first XI with enough talent on the bench to keep them honest. 

Do we have the resources to achieve that? Not sure. 

Anybody hear what the admission prices tomorrow are?
Anyway, we were absolutely shite on Wednesday. That's no way to finish what has been at times a terrific season. If we are going to lose this, then let's at least make sure we go down knowing we gave it our best shot. Hope Alloa get the ball down tomorrow and have a right go at Brechin.

I was coming on to put a post up about tomorrows game but i couldnt put it any better myself.

Yeah Caldwell has done well the last few games was just thinking a defender for a striker. Think it is two busses and the youths have a bus as well

Two supporters club busses, the youths have one running and apparently Ally Loves old man has paid for another bus which if true is absolutely fantastic. Definitely three but maybe four if the thing about Loves old man is right.

7 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

My thoughts exactly and howcome you didnt the other night when you dropped your prices.

We d nvr get over a 1000 most i ve seen is 2500 v Rangers we almost filled bottom of Broomloan ..And Bell s Cup Final .Cowdenbeath away in Dicks time Winner Takes All Last Game Off Season game got held up for crowd ..We ve a hardcore of 400 .Its not even an Old Firm thing i know most of the guys who goto Celtic or Rangers games prob 30 leave town most weeks but do also attend City games s if playing different days .It could be down to how its put out there ok U16 s recieved free admission but unless you actually handed tkts into school s n clubs would folk know as we don t advertise too good .. Not everyones on FB or Twitter..There are things club could do better but thats for another week ..

Plus i was surprised how little a crowd Alloa brought on Wed 70 maybe ?? I m maybe wrong ..

10 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

10 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

11 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Cheers for the replies. I'm saying that because I'm comparing the quality of the squads Alloa had last time and now. I think last time we were streets ahead of where we are now and I imagine we'd need to strengthen just to not finish bottom next year.

You guys started off the season with the meanest defence but on the football I have seen I have my doubts you could make it in the higher division.

I'd say good luck today but I want more championship football so good luck next season :lol:

Archived