Brechin 1 v 2 Alloa, Alloa 4 v 1 Brechin

All games have been very tight affairs, except the obvious humping the last time, feel we had to many good players on the bench for that one, trouts fusco and dyer will make us a better all round team, add to that buzz getting sent off giving away a pen and the two top class goals after, I don't expect that to happen again, I expect us to compete in both legs and you never know what can happen , no doubt that Alloa are a top team 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want Brechin to win because do have soft spot for Chris O'Neil good footballer and was always good with the Airdrie fans of the park and should have been offered contract to stay. Going to go and watch 2nd leg at recs it woukd also be good se Liam Watt (another x diamond) get promoted. All best Brechin.

Want Brechin to win because do have soft spot for Chris O'Neil good footballer and was always good with the Airdrie fans of the park and should have been offered contract to stay. Going to go and watch 2nd leg at recs it woukd also be good se Liam Watt (another x diamond) get promoted. All best Brechin.

Must admit he got pass marks from me aswell last time we played.

14 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

Riveting stuff mate, thanks for sharing :thumsup2

Like someone said above I'd take a draw at Glebe & take it into an one off game at The Recs on Saturday.

Rovers fans kept saying similar this time last week.

Worked out well for them.

Whereis the best place to go and park near the ground?

Car park and coopy as mentioned, but there's always on street parking in the area immediately NW of the ground. If it was a regular thing then I could understand locals being slightly peeved, but it's not. Morally better than the coop imo.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Car park and coopy as mentioned, but there's always on street parking in the area immediately NW of the ground. If it was a regular thing then I could understand locals being slightly peeved, but it's not. Morally better than the coop imo.

thank you sir !

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Rovers fans kept saying similar this time last week.

Worked out well for them.

Rovers didnt have this big hoss taking names all over the pitch though

andy g.jpg

Seriously though, its just a standard response- personally I'll take anything that gives us an aggregate victory on Saturday evening. 

All credit to Brechin turfing out Raith Rovers at Starks Park. Another 2 close battles await.

I'd be very surprised if we never turned up like last week.  So I am going to predict we win 2-1. Then all we need is Spencey to dome your keeper with the ball again and get him sent off. Bob's yer uncle 6-1 back at ours.

Still getting over Saturday yet here we are going again. Games between Alloa and Brechin are invariably pretty tight and it will likely be much the same here. Have to give Brechin credit for getting to the final after a mixed season and looking totally shambolic against us a month ago. To lift themselves after that and make the play-offs, then defeat Raith, is an excellent achievement. Raith themselves are a bit of a shambles but taking them over two games and coming back after losing the last equalisier shows that Brechin are very capable.

Will have to see what the injury situation is but the likes of Jackson and Trouten are always very dangerous. Ross Caldwell is a very frustating character and is all too often missing in action. These are exactly the kind of big games for which he will turn up, however, and when he does he can be very good. We have direct experience of that at Alloa where he didn't appear to be trying for weeks, then had a great game in a crunch end of season clash at Falkirk. 

From an Alloa point of view we were certainly very poor at Airdrie last week. Airdrie played very well, but our performance that night was a surprise. Really took until the second half Saturday to get going. Perhaps the last 3 games of the season being flat then going against an Airdrie side who were right up for it went against us. Certainly can't afford to play like that again tonight. Second half Saturday again would do nicely. Mon the Wasps.

Starting to get the buzz for this one now. Just hope it lives up to the billing , though reading some of the tabloids it seems Brechin are just there to make up the numbers as Alloa cruise back into the championship.  Also hoping for a larger home support than last week as it is our most important home game of the season. 

Hitting form at just the right time as well so maybe we will give Alloa a game and have it all to play for at the recs. What's the story on Saturday down there btw ?  Will it be reduced admission prices or just the same  ridiculous £16 and herded to the furthest away turnstile ? 

Either way we will be there whether we are considered welcome or not. 

Mon the Hedge. 

20 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Starting to get the buzz for this one now. Just hope it lives up to the billing , though reading some of the tabloids it seems Brechin are just there to make up the numbers as Alloa cruise back into the championship.  Also hoping for a larger home support than last week as it is our most important home game of the season. 

Hitting form at just the right time as well so maybe we will give Alloa a game and have it all to play for at the recs. What's the story on Saturday down there btw ?  Will it be reduced admission prices or just the same  ridiculous £16 and herded to the furthest away turnstile ? 

Mon the Hedge. 

£16 and probably head in at corner turnstile and try to resist KFC. Season books are valid for us, no consolation I know.

Certainly no-one connected to Alloa (club or fans) thinks Brechin are making up the numbers.

45 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What's the story on Saturday down there btw ?  Will it be reduced admission prices or just the same  ridiculous £16 and herded to the furthest away turnstile ? 

It's the first turnstile on the road into Alloa and therefore quite appropriate for the away fans to use it.

You should get together with the Falkirk fan who stands behind tall fans then complains about the view, you would get on great.

Archived