John James site

I'm not sure whether it's my morning-after brain struggling to find the irony in JJ's latest post, Tongue in Cheek, but I'm reading it as a blatantly homophobic article.

Copying-and-pasting is disabled, and I'm too lazy to type the thing but he sarcastically praises the Scottish press for being open-minded enough to have the husband of a successful male journalist collect his trophy at the recent awards and then goes on to say, 'Who needs family values in Scotland when the leaders of the Scottish Labour, Conservative and Green parties are either rug munching or putting from the rough.'.

Am I just slow this morning or is he one for the missing in future?

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just another Sellick blogger

Ah, but he's got sources, sources 'they' can only dream of.

I see he's removed his reference to 'rug munchers' and those who 'putt from the rough'.  Objectionable tosser.

6 minutes ago, The DA said:

Ah, but he's got sources, sources 'they' can only dream of.

I see he's removed his reference to 'rug munchers' and those who 'putt from the rough'.  Objectionable tosser.

I've never seen this as a criticism - unless it's the wrong type of rug-munching.  One just never knows with the Sellick faithful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2017 at 09:46, The DA said:

I'm not sure whether it's my morning-after brain struggling to find the irony in JJ's latest post, Tongue in Cheek, but I'm reading it as a blatantly homophobic article.

Copying-and-pasting is disabled, and I'm too lazy to type the thing but he sarcastically praises the Scottish press for being open-minded enough to have the husband of a successful male journalist collect his trophy at the recent awards and then goes on to say, 'Who needs family values in Scotland when the leaders of the Scottish Labour, Conservative and Green parties are either rug munching or putting from the rough.'.

Am I just slow this morning or is he one for the missing in future?

Nah, the article was out of order. Usually enjoy reading articles on it but not this one.

Archived