Rule change needed

Denniston Afc

It's something that's been going on for a while a sort of loophole that needs changed.....when teams with more than one team I.e glasgow uni,Cambria etc can use all the players whenever needed,the reasoning is they are signed to club not league.....today for example one of these clubs second teams game was off....while first team were struggling with numbers so they just put them straight into first team squad,it's unfair and needs looked at.....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the club u sign with though, regardless of whether they have 1-2 teams or not. It's not been looked at because 99.9% of clubs only have one team and we had no need for such a rule but having said that I defo agree with u, they shouldn't be able to just pull players from the other squad to fill the squad that's struggling.

9 hours ago, Denniston Afc said:

It's something that's been going on for a while a sort of loophole that needs changed.....when teams with more than one team I.e glasgow uni,Cambria etc can use all the players whenever needed,the reasoning is they are signed to club not league.....today for example one of these clubs second teams game was off....while first team were struggling with numbers so they just put them straight into first team squad,it's unfair and needs looked at.....

I totally agree. 

Don't be a dick muller, I ask to get people putting suggestions up, sometimes someone will come up with a cracker from nowhere

On top of that surely if someone reckons a rule change is needed it would be better to add in what it should be changed to

22 minutes ago, sctv said:

Don't be a dick muller, I ask to get people putting suggestions up, sometimes someone will come up with a cracker from nowhere

On top of that surely if someone reckons a rule change is needed it would be better to add in what it should be changed to

Mate it's not something that requires "suggestions"  " or a cracker from nowhere" it's pretty much a cut and dry answer to the problem. 

I remember getting beat by Queens Park in the quarter final of the Scottish. They had a couple of players in the side that would normally have been in the first team but were returning from I injury. I always felt that was unfair. I know that issue has now been resolved.

Not that I'm bitter lol 

28 minutes ago, sctv said:

Put a proposal in then

:lol: You're taking this bad.

I don't really care about it am just pointing out there's an easy solution to it.

Baffling this rule applies in the first place. 

I don't see the huge problem with it. Clubs that can support 2 teams are generally well run and do things properly, otherwise they wouldn't see enough players sign to have 2 teams. 

I think it's great that 1 club can get that much commitment when some teams are struggling for 16. If I could get a 'b' team which could be used for developing players not quite ready for 'a' team football then I would love it. It's a credit to the club to have that available. 

Normally i see clubs complain about the potential for 'b' teams to play 'a' team players on occasion - but this rarely happens... and is normally when bringing someone injured back to fitness - again, another brilliant luxury for any club to have. 

Fair Play to any team which can deliver this.. I'd go so far as to say teams with 20+ man squads, and teams who have always got more players available than can be named would actually benefit from bringing in more bodies and introducing a 'b' team rather than having guys not getting a game every odd weekend. Allow them to play with the club still - at least with a chance to stay fit, sharp and improve to a level where they'd be in the 'a' team.

It is a no bariner but unfortunately the rule makers don't see it that way.

Every year clubs are asked for proposals for rule changes and every year there are very few or zero proposals. And then clubs complain about the rules.

The rules are made and amended by the clubs, so the clubs are the "rule makers"...

What do the association do then do they not want to make any decisions that's a blatantly stupid rule surely it doesn't need clubs to complain before someone in power uses a couple of brain cells?

I don't see a massive problem with it from a players point of view. If it came down to it and I was playing one of these " clubs with b teams " I would much rather they pulled players in from the b team so I could play football rather than taking the 3 points by default. Players want to play imo. Well at least I do!

Archived