Partick Thistle v Celtic

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Met some Celtic fans in the Woody post match. All fine. Rolled a cigarette for one with a broken arm.
Asked him where he was from?
He said, Bathgate.
(They had funny accents so it was a loaded question, tbf.)
I asked why he supported Celtic?
Because my dad supports them.
Where's he from?
Armadale emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

addtext_com_MTcwOTU3MzE1Mzc.jpg

Disappointed in two things last night.

One was the Thistle performance.

The other was the songs about the IRA and Bobby Sands which are unnecessary in Scotland in the 21st century. I know there are excuses and reasons, some of which I have sympathy with as an old leftie Scot Nat, but it's a game of football. Thistle fans love to talk about two cheeks, one arse, and last night just rammed that point of view home, right up the shitter.

I'm disappointed that I didn't leave after 25 minutes last night as I originally intended, it would have broken my record for leaving early and it would have at least been against a decent team (less said about the fans the better).

Sadly my record remains when we went 4-0 down to Clyde after 35 minutes under Dick Campbell.

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Being honest here, Thistle look a broken team after losing the Champions League final to The Rangers.

Even if we hadn't been on holiday mode Celtic would have ran out comfortable winners. Celtic always seem to turn it on at Firhill, whereas we are mor competitive at Parkhead. Could be down to atmosphere as the Celtic fans made one hell of a racket last night and we get ourselves heard in the flat atmosphere at Parkhead. 

Plenty of folk have taken a pop at Booth in recent weeks - rightly so based on his performances - but I think it's becoming painfully obvious that Christie is nothing more than a stop-gap at right back. That's another area Archie will have to consider if Dumbuya's injury problems persist.

1 hour ago, Griff Sheridan said:

If you'd left after 25 minutes you'd have missed the highlight of the evening, which was the two games between the Thistle Weir kids.

The wee guy with the Marek Hamsik haircut in the JH stand side game was excellent. Bit of a howler from the keeper for the goal though.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Being honest here, Thistle look a broken team after losing the Champions League final to The Rangers.

This 'Rangers winning the Champions League at Firhill' patter is horrific. The worst since Cathro's laptop.

1 minute ago, Hammer Jag said:

This 'Rangers winning the Champions League at Firhill' patter is horrific. The worst since Cathro's laptop.

You're right, it's not as bad as your "you don't go to games patter" though.

Archived