The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

holemasters had a meeting about stoping there sponsorship of the club last week as its not fun as it was said it would be and the whole flyer on the car is a load of shit easy way to blame fans for the fact as said befor there too farr up the boards arse when they have said it was brought up last week about pulling there money they have payed up untill feb then god knows but shows the face of these c***s blaming a young kid for loss of sponsorship of his club when they where being fly as f**k and pulling it anyways

I recognise that Stream Of Consciousness style of writing.
Are you Irvine Welsh?

I know I’m being impatient but all of the airdrie fans are impatient but I wish the consortium were in place because I have a gut feeling that something is gonna happen and we’re gonna be stranded again

7 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

I know I’m being impatient but all of the airdrie fans are impatient but I wish the consortium were in place because I have a gut feeling that something is gonna happen and we’re gonna be stranded again emoji31.pngemoji815.png

Consortium have started going thru the paperwork.    Won't happen overnight but wheels are turning

Its frustrating not getting much news but while the due diligence process is on going there isn't much can be said from the Consortium other than the usual "progress is being made". Its really all in the hands of the legal teams to sort out the details.

Aside from the due diligence process I know lots of work is going on behind the scenes on getting things in place for when the Consortium do take control. They are looking at what can be done to steady the ship in January before a proper overhaul of the club in the summer.

Obviously there have been a lot of stories coming out about the Ballantyne’s. Although I don't know the full ins & outs from what I can gather is Jim & Gillian have said they won't be back at the games. However last I heard Anne Marie & Gillian are still employed by the Club. Anne Marie dealing with the running of the club and Gillian running the lottery.

If anything changed, then that would have to be looked at. Tom Wothorspoon & Colin McGowan would have to put someone in temporary control, whether that be the Consortium, TW or someone they know. At the end of the day they have too much money riding on this deal going through so won't want anything to go tits up.

Edited by Tory Boy

On the outside looking in...how in the name of the wee man has this been allowed to happen, and how the hell are there so many financially linked people involved at both Accies and Airdrie?

Regardless of that, best of luck with it all.

40 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

On the outside looking in...how in the name of the wee man has this been allowed to happen, and how the hell are there so many financially linked people involved at both Accies and Airdrie?

Regardless of that, best of luck with it all.

Ballantyne brought them in.   We're now close to being free of them all

I realise Ballantyne brought them in, but surely there is something, somewhere that should be in place to stop people having their hands on two (neighbouring) football clubs at the same time?

18 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

I realise Ballantyne brought them in, but surely there is something, somewhere that should be in place to stop people having their hands on two (neighbouring) football clubs at the same time?

Well Ann Marie of the Ballantyne Clan was on the SPFL board.   She's literally just been replaced by Hamilton's director/chairman Les Gray.    

The actual owners of shares aren't technically the same people.  

Very incestuous though eh? 

As i said, clearly I'm only a distant observer, but I just cant get my head around how (or why?) the likes of McGowan and Wotherspoon (and now this latest fella), can be financially linked to both clubs.

11 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

As i said, clearly I'm only a distant observer, but I just cant get my head around how (or why?) the likes of McGowan and Wotherspoon (and now this latest fella), can be financially linked to both clubs.

Wotherspoon only sponsors Hamilton.   McGowan is a director of Hamilton who advised Wotherspoon and now has written permission to dispose of his shares.

Seref Zengin sponsored Hamilton's Academy,  was then put forward by McGowan as a potential buyer of Wotherspoon's shares, withdrew that interest due to a mass stirring of Airdrie's remaining fans (a phone box worth - still more than Hamilton) and is now "Pre-Academy Director".

Don't ask me what a pre-academy director does.   Or why a director is needed.  Mr Zengin also directs 2 logistics companies, a constuction firm, plant hire and runs a 2011 age grass roots team.   Where does he find the time?

It all seems incredibly murky, and there have been numerous rumours over the past few years of 'unusual' financial goings on at Accies.  

Even Wotherspoon holding shares at Airdrie but 'only' sponsoring Accies, just strikes me as bizarre.

Hopefully you can get rid of the lot of them and leave Accies to do whatever it is that Accies do.

Edited by ONeils40yarder

1 hour ago, ONeils40yarder said:

It all seems incredibly murky, and there have been numerous rumours over the past few years of 'unusual' financial goings on at Accies. 

Like a team with 20 fans having a million quid in the bank?

Even Wotherspoon holding shares at Airdrie but 'only' sponsoring Accies, just strikes me as bizarre.

We've queried that a lot in the past few years

Hopefully you can get rid of the lot of them and leave Accies to do whatever it is that Accies do.

We're at the stage now but part of the goodwill to get the job done was for us to lay off the conspiracy stuff.

Just heard that Kilmarnock are "sniffing" about Scott Stewart.  Granted he's be quiet the past couple of games but a couple of games back he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

This thread  has been gloom and doom recently. So until the consortium come in (fingers still crossed) what about a wee debate regarding how things will turn out for the team post January?

Could a couple of new (old) faces come in, steady the boat and  challenge for a play-off place? Ok - I might be "dreaming" but the way the league is panning out - two front runners in Raith Rovers and Ayr Utd and the rest being unpredictable to say the least,  I would say that a couple of players could make the difference and we could be in with a shout with getting to the play offs. Perhaps my optimism is based on the 2 games where Balatoni calmed the defence (Albion Rovers and Alloa) and that seemed to have an effect on the team in general.  He leaves and we lose 3 in a row- but maybe that was a coincidence - perhaps.

I suppose my other question is, if Airdrie were to do a Brechin and somehow win the play offs, would it drastically alter the consortiums business plan - I am assuming not as you can/could run a successful sustainable part-time model in the Championship - i.e Dumbarton.

As I said before - you can only dream.....

25 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

This thread  has been gloom and doom recently. So until the consortium come in (fingers still crossed) what about a wee debate regarding how things will turn out for the team post January?

Could a couple of new (old) faces come in, steady the boat and  challenge for a play-off place? Ok - I might be "dreaming" but the way the league is panning out - two front runners in Raith Rovers and Ayr Utd and the rest being unpredictable to say the least,  I would say that a couple of players could make the difference and we could be in with a shout with getting to the play offs. Perhaps my optimism is based on the 2 games where Balatoni calmed the defence (Albion Rovers and Alloa) and that seemed to have an effect on the team in general.  He leaves and we lose 3 in a row- but maybe that was a coincidence - perhaps.

I suppose my other question is, if Airdrie were to do a Brechin and somehow win the play offs, would it drastically alter the consortiums business plan - I am assuming not as you can/could run a successful sustainable part-time model in the Championship - i.e Dumbarton.

As I said before - you can only dream.....

I agree with your analysis of the rest of the league outwith Ayr/Raith, but given the off field scenarios my hope would be to avoid the play offs at the bottom. I desperately hope your dreams are better than my fears. Sunday could tell us a lot about Raith and their "poorer" away form and I would hope we can keep ahead before we go to play QP

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I agree with your analysis of the rest of the league outwith Ayr/Raith, but given the off field scenarios my hope would be to avoid the play offs at the bottom. I desperately hope your dreams are better than my fears. Sunday could tell us a lot about Raith and their "poorer" away form and I would hope we can keep ahead before we go to play QP

What you've said is what my head says.  Consolidation and then plan for next season. Would be nice though to get a few good performances in to try and get some of the punters back.

Just now, Roger Thornhill said:

What you've said is what my head says.  Consolidation and then plan for next season. Would be nice though to get a few good performances in to try and get some of the punters back.

Indeed. Some of the play against Forfar might suggest we can compete if led well; thought the 3-5-2 did work well but they are so inconsistent. Glass still half full till the next disaster.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Indeed. Some of the play against Forfar might suggest we can compete if led well; thought the 3-5-2 did work well but they are so inconsistent. Glass still half full till the next disaster.

In fairness we played a really poor side who were down to 10 men for an hour and they lost Coxy early.

In suggested the 343 formation last week, albeit the personnel very different.

We are likely to have Brownlie, McGregor and Conroy missing this week.

I would like to see us retain that shape but a few things need to change for me.   Firstly, the mix in midfield is wrong.   I don't fully trust Watt anywhere.  He will be a great player but he does switch off.  Fry isnt a ballwinner.   I'd stick Higgins in beside Watt in CDM.   It would be Fry behind Russell and Furtado up top.

With so many players out I wouldnt mind going longer to either Furtado and/or Stewart and look for Russell, Fry(or Brown) and Hastie to provide the support.  Not much we can do with so many defenders out.

Rohan

Cairns McIntosh McDonald

Stewart Higgins Watt Hastie( or Edwards)

Fry (or Brown)

Russell and Furtado