Jump to content
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

Recommended Posts

Nipper    97
5 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Anything specific?  Do you mean on here, or have we made the national press?

Twitter mainly but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't mentioned in the papers tomorrow.

Try Colin Paterson's account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nipper    97
31 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

He was up to his neck in sh1t with the whole Rangers thing when they went bust. I'm sure the Celtic fans went after him. He's got an exceptionally thick skin, don't underestimate his ability to ignore everyone thinking he's a dick. 

He seems to be a bit more isolated in this case. Only time will tell how long he is prepared to continue with the charade. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pesadilla    721
11 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

 He's got an exceptionally thick skin, don't underestimate his ability to ignore everyone thinking he's a dick. 

Fucking right he has, have you seen that coat he wears? It wouldn't look out of place in Game of Thrones.

All in all, he's come out if this looking like a total fruitloop.

However, consider for a second that Kevin Thompson could have  exaggerated any contact with the club and that Mark Pirie ran a story without running it past the club. If that's the scenario the chairman might well be peeved, but he still shouldn't be reacting the way he is. I personally don't trust anyone that works for the tabloid press so I'm not seeing Pirie as some sort of investigative hero.........I'd wager there's far more newsworthy stories going on in the background than a "he said/she said" spat in the local rag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Fucking right he has, have you seen that coat he wears? It wouldn't look out of place in Game of Thrones.

All in all, he's come out if this looking like a total fruitloop.

However, consider for a second that Kevin Thompson could have  exaggerated any contact with the club and that Mark Pirie ran a story without running it past the club. If that's the scenario the chairman might well be peeved, but he still shouldn't be reacting the way he is. I personally don't trust anyone that works for the tabloid press so I'm not seeing Pirie as some sort of investigative hero.........I'd wager there's far more newsworthy stories going on in the background than a "he said/she said" spat in the local rag.

Pesadilla, trust me, Mark Pirie did NOT get it wrong or lie.  

I haven't said much on the topic due to breaching a personal confidence but I know KT was approached.

I know who is being very disingenius with the truth.

We need to be asking why JB is waging his vandetta and what exactly his ongoing role is.

 

Edited by touchedbymadness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waysider    212
26 minutes ago, touchedbymadness said:

Pesadilla, trust me, Mark Pirie did NOT get it wrong or lie.  

I haven't said much on the topic due to breaching a personal confidence but I know KT was approached.

I know who us being very disingenius with the truth.

We need to be asking why JB is waging his vandetta and what exactly his ongoing role is.

 

Totally depressing. What's with the guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunning1874    4,575
12 hours ago, Nipper said:

Picking a fight with the press seldom results in good outcomes.

Particularly when it's a fight with the local press at a time when a club is in serious danger of administration or liquidation.

I think fans of many lower league clubs will probably have something to grumble about in terms of the coverage they get from the local press, whether it's due to not giving enough coverage, not promoting the club to the community enough or even being too friendly with the club and not offering enough critical journalism as a result. However, for a Chairman to conduct this kind of propaganda campaign against the local press is outrageously unprofessional behaviour regardless of what the journalist in question has or hasn't done, and Airdrie's current circumstances make it even more ridiculous.

Airdrie fans don't need any lessons in having to deal with a financial mess, but it goes without saying that when you do get to the point of having to raise funds and appeal for donations just to keep the club going week to week, having the local press on side to help with those appeals and fundraising campaigns can make an absolutely massive difference. Knowing that Airdrie could be very close to that point, Ballantyne has chosen to go to war with the local press over an insignificant issue, firing out statements every Saturday that make Kim Jong-un look rational. As a result, that local paper is now going to give no help at all and might even encourage people not to put up a penny while Ballantyne is still at the club.

He has absolutely lost it and you need rid of him, no matter what it takes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×