St Johnstone FC European Tour 17/18

Steve McQueen

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

f**k up HJ.

It's so getting switched tho eh :lol: 

:lol: sorry aye obviously nothing personal.

I think you should be OK as they seem to play in 3 different cities and your tie was drawn 2nd of the 3. It's normally just city clashes they flip.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Radford said:

Is that folk booking them though, or companies hiking them because of the draw? Will they not settle down again? Seems plenty of options for getting to Vilnius from the UK.

I wouldn't count on the prices settling down.  Airlines don't normally manually raise prices based on specific events, it's done via algorithms, computer programs,  and various fare sub-classes.  Essentially airlines will have pots of tickets at one price in a certain seat class (economy for example) and when those are sold then their computer systems will automatically start selling the next most expensive pot of tickets (sub classes).  A major airline like Lufthansa may have 10 different sub classes of economy class tickets.  

Think I'll hold off for a bit until the order of the ties are confirmed 100%. The cheap flights I seen at work were long gone by the time I got home. Looks like £350 a pop is about standard now no matter which way you do it which isn't too bad considering. 

They're among the weakest teams entering but Scottish slides have slipped-up v Lithuanian opponents before... Hibs lost to Vetra Vilnius in Intertoto, Rangers lost to Kanuas in CL.

Currently sat 3rd in their domestic league. Their EL experience is fairly limited - thrashed Torshavn, thumped by Apollon Limassol; thumped by Nomme Kalju of Estonia. Incidentally I looked-up their crowds this season, saw 2,275 and thought "not bad for the Baltic". Actually that's their aggregate total - their average is 325 with a lowest of 75 :lol:.

Been able to book the lot for just over 200 tonight but it depends how much time you have.
Flights to Warsaw then get a Polskibus (their Megabus) to Lithuania for £25 Return. It does take 8 hours so we are doing that leg overnight. 5 options each day.

I'm saving my money on the off chance we make Sweden next month, was always a long shot I could afford it anyway. 

Just realised the first leg is just a week away, already buzzing :thumsup2

Yesterday’s draw in Nyon paired Saints with FK Trakai (Lithuania) in the first round of the Europa League qualifiers.

The club has now managed to source an aircraft to carry the players, staff, equipment and a limited number of supporters to Lithuania for the away leg.

As someone who previously expressed an interest in being part of this charter, I can now advise that the total cost of travelling with the team is £600 per person, and this will include: 

Bus transfers from McDiarmid Park to Edinburgh Airport and direct charter flight to Vilnius the day before the match, one night’s accommodation in a local hotel and direct flight back to Edinburgh immediately after the match. Match ticket is not included.

If you remain interested in taking up this travel option please reply to this email address - ross@perthsaints.co.uk - no later than 7pm tomorrow (Wednesday 21st June).

It is extremely likely that demand will outstrip the very limited supply of available seats and that being the case, a draw will take place on Thursday morning to determine those who will be selected to travel.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

It is extremely likely that demand will outstrip the very limited supply of available seats and that being the case, a draw will take place on Thursday morning to determine those who will be selected to travel.

We clearly know this isn't going to be a draw in any case but how would that have worked? Mr Smith gets drawn out and his missus doesn't. Jones Jnr gets drawn and his old man doesn't. Bill gets drawn but his pal Ben doesn't.

As said though, a draw indeed...

So how are we lining up for this one lads? I'm not sure if Mannus and Paton will be available after their summer escapades with Northern Ireland. Easton is touch and go in terms of fitness as well, but I'd assume he'll make it given the lack of a new left back on deadline day yesterday and I'm not sure if Davidson is fit, given his ankle surgery towards the end of last season.

Clark

Foster Anderson Shaughnessy Easton

Millar Craig

Alston Scougall Wotherspoon

Maclean

Tommy won't be completely sure what kind of quality we're up against, so I think he start with just 1 up top, but with plenty of support from midfield in Alston, Scougall and Wotherspoon.

9 days until the start of the season. Jeezo.

I'd expect Mannus and Paton to be back with the squad this week and their European (club/country) experience will put them into contention.

All the old clichés but not losing a goal has to be a priority. One of the lessons from past ties is you can't win it in the first leg but can lose it, specifically thinking of the Spartak Trnava game, where one bad half out of eight in the competition did for us. I think TW will largely trust the players who have played on this stage before so the likes of Alston might have to be content with a spot on the bench.

Archived