St Johnstone FC European Tour 17/18

Steve McQueen

DId he play against connah's quay at the weekend :lol::lol::whistle

I don't know. You tell me, since you clearly know so much more about my team than I do?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Marr1 said:

How many fans do you guys reckon you'll take to Vilnius?

Seems to be a decent number heading over. Heard some people saying between 700, but I think it'll be closer to 300 or 400.

I'm missing out this year unfortunately.

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

And where would Scotland be placed on that coefficient list if you take Celtic out of the equation? They operate on a budget way beyond anything else of any club from any country outwith the top fifteen in the coefficient table, and their points reflect that.

It pains me to say it, but without Celtic's points I expect Scotland would be way down. It completely distorts our standing.

Without Celtic our diddy clubs would develop beyond their current level.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Without Celtic our diddy clubs would develop beyond their current level.

4, 5 or 6 clubs scrapping it out for the title without the two arse cheeks, I like your thinking. Bound to see attendances rocket with a real title fight between more than two clubs.

Would other Scottish clubs actually thrive and prosper without the blight and go further in Europe? Probably.

I like to think, without the big two hogging all the support & talent, we'd achieve a similar status as Czech teams (<10000 punters paying a fiver per home game, fifteen times a season yet ranked 11th/12th) but that's another argument for another day. Torn between bitter seething jealousy and admiration for St. Johnstone. I'll settle for indirect pride, that a similar sized club can achieve some decent results in Europe. All the best, Perth Saints.

Do we know of Easton is fit yet?

My line up is:

Mannus

Foster       Shaughnessy         Gordon           Easton (Tanser)

Millar       Craig

Alston       Scougall      Wotherspoon

Maclean

or, take out Craig and put in Kane and play 4-4-2.  Murray is another good option, but I'm not sure his all action style is appreciated by continental refs, plus Millar is better at keeping the ball.

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

My line up is:

Mannus

Foster       Shaughnessy         Gordon           Easton (Tanser)

Millar       Craig

Alston       Scougall      Wotherspoon

Maclean

or, take out Craig and put in Kane and play 4-4-2.  Murray is another good option, but I'm not sure his all action style is appreciated by continental refs, plus Millar is better at keeping the ball.

Tanser any good? :whistle

From reading a bit about them and from listening to TW, I'd be confident we'll play with two strikers as will be looking to impose our, unfamiliar, tempo on them and part of that will be trying to turn their defence and forcing the defenders to make quick, hopefully rash, decisions. Universally, I'd expect Kane to be given the nod in that situation but just have an inkling that he's maybe missed some of pre-season, in which case it could obviously be Cummins.

Still think generally the team is hard to call though, which is a positive reflection on the depth in the squad, especially in midfield.

Been in the papers yesterday or today that he's fit to start.

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

and it's fucking WAISTcoat.

Driving me mental.

Yep but Saints fans love a troll so it's difficult to shake them off at times. Still, trolling anyone about coefficients when your team lost to Red Imps Gibraltar is quite something.

Archived