13/07/17: Second qualifying round, first leg

14/07/17: Third qualifying round draw

20/07/17: Second qualifying round, second leg

27/07/17: Third qualifying round, first leg

03/08/17: Third qualifying round, second leg

04/08/17: Play-off draw

17/08/17: Play-off round, first leg

24/08/17: Play-off round, second leg

Aberdeen will be seeded in QR2. St Johnstone should be as well if they make it through.

Rangers, using the Scottish base coefficient, will almost certainly be seeded in QR1 (although not yet guaranteed) but would be unseeded in QR2.

Bert Kassies has Saints guaranteed seeded in QR2, which is drawn on the same day as QR1. Anyone over 6.050 is already assured of seeding and Saints have a coefficient of 6.535.

The draw was regionalised last year but that's no guarantee it will be this year. If it is, it'll likely be a visit to one of the following: Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Iceland, Faroes, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland or Luxembourg.

A visit to Wales or one of the Irelands would mean certain passage into QR2. Less travel, and their teams are mince. Quote this post when St Johnstonr last longer than Aberdeen.

I'd definitely take Wales or Northern Ireland in QR1. Easy logistically, surely we'd progress, plus a chance to bank some of the UEFA money, rather than spending it on chartering a plane etc...

Ahead of Alashkert in 2015, I really hoped we could make a go of Europe, having taken something out of all the past experiences. Circumstances conspired against us against the Armenians I still feel but will just take each tie as it comes this time, rather than holding too many expectations.

Archived